ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (99/192) > >>

Tuxman:
Directly on the servers.  :D

MilesAhead:
Directly on the servers.  :D
-Tuxman (December 01, 2012, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know what that means. What I hate about searching for any Firefox info in particular or mozilla in general, the hits you get on the subject have some small print about 6 paragraphs down that mention a version number. It's usually lower than 4. Super time waster.

Oh well. I guess I'll delay ActivePython install a bit longer. :)

Tuxman:
It means: Extensions which are (technically) compatible with new Firefox versions and are submitted to addons.mozilla.org will automatically be "updated", so they are still compatible after a browser update even if they haven't been developed for years. There is (quite) no need to manually bump version numbers anymore.

MilesAhead:
Unless of course the author doesn't bother to submit it. Like Andy Halford. In which case I added and AddOn that disables the AddOn max version check. It must work because I looked inside it, and it's max is set to 10.xx something or other.

It's just getting to be more and more less and less.

Tuxman:
Unless of course the author doesn't bother to submit it.-MilesAhead (December 01, 2012, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Indeed. So... disabling compat. check in your about:config could be easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version