ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (84/192) > >>

cyberdiva:
Far and away my favorite Firefox extension is Lazarus. :Thmbsup: I can't tell you how often I've been typing something (a blog, a request for tech support, a forum message, email, etc.) when suddenly I lose my connection, or I submit the message and it disappears into thin air.  Thanks to Lazarus, I no longer worry, at least not if I'm in Firefox: I simply click on the tiny Lazarus icon at the bottom of my Firefox screen, find whatever I was writing safely stored in its entirety, and retrieve it.  Lazarus stores all entries for an adjustable amount of time, so I can go back and find something I typed a couple of days ago or even last week. Lazarus has saved my bacon many times; I've been so grateful that I've donated money to the developer as a way to thank him for this terrific free add-on. I should note that Lazarus is now also available in a beta version for the Chrome browser. 

nosh:
Sounds interesting, cyberdiva. Esp. the retention for an adjustable time part. I'll be sure to try it.  :)

cyberdiva:
Nosh, in the options, there's a place where you can tell Lazarus to save stuff for a given number (that you choose) of seconds/minutes/days/weeks.  Again, you choose.  I've currently got mine set for four days, though at times in the past I've set it for as long as a week and as short as two days.

nosh:
Thanks, should come in handy for stuff like PMs on forums where I tend to forget to save my sent messages.

kyrathaba:
I've started using Lazarus.  Incredibly handy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version