ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (59/192) > >>

urlwolf:
7. Wired Marker - I only use it to Right-Click and highlight words with one of my saved colours. It's great because it's permanent.
-Lefax32 (June 12, 2009, 07:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nice one! I've for a long time wanted something exactly like that but for pdf files not html.
-Nod5 (June 13, 2009, 07:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, there are many. Acrobat is the expensive, but best solution.
Check also adobe digital editions, Foxit, and Pdf Xchange viewer. The last one has so-so rendering quality on some systems (good on my laptop, bad on a big monitor), and printing is not its strong point, but other than that, is highly useful because it's cheap and offers mostly all features of Acrobat (but OCR).

The two adobe ones have best rendering quality + highlighting. The reader doesn't do highlighting.

justice:
I recently discovered the firefox plugins by Harikaried
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/user/1422448

Add-ons by Edward Lee

Auto Dial
    Quick access to frequently visited pages on new tabs (Ctrl/Cmd-T)
Edit Middle
    Show AwesomeBar results when editing in the middle (not just at the end)
Enter Selects
    Press enter in the AwesomeBar to select the first result (without pressing down)
Hide Unvisited
    Hide pages (bookmarks) that you haven't visited (since deleting or clearing history) from showing in the AwesomeBar
Panic Mode (Boss Key)
    Open your home page(s) when entering Panic Mode (Private Browsing)
Show Keywords
    Show smart keyword and searchbar searches in the AwesomeBar

Fantastic it makes the addressbar much more usable.

lanux128:
Harikaried has some cool plugins, i use items 3-5 which improves the awesome bar experience by so much.. :up:

cmpm:
when opening a new tab,
with 'new tab king'.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10828

takes an extra second to load
most visited sites and a list of apps

Ehtyar:
Went hunting this afternoon for a better alternative for Modify Headers (something per-domain so that I can leave it enabled when browsing pages other than my target) but didn't find anything. I did, however, find a spiffier alternative to Live HTTP Headers, HttpFox. It supports HTTPS and shows more than just the headers in a much tidier layout :Thmbsup:

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version