ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (55/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
hmmmm on Firefox 3.08 now.  Found SyncPlaces to sync my bookmarks. It also claims to sync passwords and other stuff I don't use to personal ftp site so I'll give it a go.  Haven't used it enough to know how stable it is.  But AutoCopy, ContextSearch, Secure Login, Launchy and FasterFox seem to be working so I guess FF 3 is at the point of usability for me.

I'll see how it goes. :)

MilesAhead:
Hmmmmmm trying FF 3.1 beta 3 with Fasterfox disabled.  So far it seems just as snappy.  My other AddOns seem to work with the blessing of Mr Tech.  So far so good. :)

Edit: now using Minefield March 31 build.  All my AddOns seem to work and there seems to be just a bit less lag time between clicking a link and the page starting to load.  Looks like it has this "jit" javascript thing enabled by default.  Seems pretty stable but I've only been using it for 1/2 an hour.  Just hope there wasn't a good reason why it was named Minefield !!

MilesAhead:
Anyone know how to get rid of "Open All In Tabs" in Minefield?  I've tried all the UserChrome.css modifications you find on the web and none of them do the job. I'm using a custom theme, so that may be whay I suppose. :)

Lefax32:
My top extensions:

1. TabKit: Vertical and Grouped tabs. Didn't like it at first and found setting it up a bit confusing, but after giving it a go for a while I found it to be much more efficient for managing tabs. I get completely lost if I ever use a horizontal tab bar now.

2. Web Search Pro: Just the best thing ever! I make hundreds of searches a day on hundreds of sites now, because it's just too fast and easy!

3. Text Link: Double clicking text links to open in new tab ~ Don't know why it's not a default Firefox feature!

4. Adblock Plus

5. Page Zoom Buttons - I use the red one - allows you to scroll up / down over it to zoom in and out.

EDIT: Found another extension for zooming in and out, which is so much better. Special mouse shortcuts so no need to go to a toolbar to activate.

Mouse Zoom
https://addons.mozilla.or.../en-US/firefox/addon/2244

Right-Click + Scroll Wheel Up = Zoom in
Right-Click + Scroll Wheel Down = Zoom out
Right-Click + Left-Click = Resets Zoom
Right-Click + Middle Click = Hides / Shows all toolbars but tab bar remains.

6. PageZipper: Awesome! No more clicking the next button at the bottom of a page, just keep scrolling down as it joins each "Next" page seamlessly to the bottom of the previous one.
And it looks like it's still be developed to add new features. A toolbar has just been added that allows you to jump back and forth to the next / previous images on a web page. And also tells you what number page you are on, and how many pages have been zipped.

7. Wired Marker - I only use it to Right-Click and highlight words with one of my saved colours. It's great because it's permanent.

8. Google Icon - Adds the site favicon/icon to next to the link in the Google Search Results. I honestly don't know why Google don't have this as a default feature! It's so much easier to look at Google Search results, and easily identify known websites.

CleverCat:
Just found this - it's great!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/policy/0/12059/54100

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version