ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (54/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
MilesAhead

-Bookmark Sync n Sort-
-cmpm (March 27, 2009, 12:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks very much. I'll definitely try it out today and let you know anything interesting I happen to notice.
 :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
Well, it's a no go with 3.07 on my Vista64 machine.  It won't take the server/user/password info.  Click Apply and OK and it just sits.

cmpm:
hm, bummer

Yeah 3 is very different then 2 I believe.
Don't what exactly would stop that though.
Maybe someone will pick up on it.

MilesAhead:
I haven't tried it on my 32 bit Vista machine.  I just hosed that last night playing around with msstyles and laid the backup image back on. So I want to take a break from breaking my PCs for awhile.  I think FF 3 still has a lot of AddOns I use that aren't updated.  As it is I use Mr Tech to use some of them on FF 2.x as it is.  FF 2 runs fine afaic anyway.  FF 3 still seems to have some problems like if you use themes your vertical scrollbar is gonzo so you're stuck with default.   I'll wait for awhile and see what's what.

cmpm:
I use Classic Compact theme,
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3699
with the Classic Compact Options add on.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6969

In the options the scroll bar can be changed to Windows default.
Which is very good since the bar was so narrow with just the theme without the options add on.

I use Foxmarks which is going to be Xmarks, but I'm not too sure about it yet. I received an email today informing me of the changes now and to come. Seems to have some social aspect.

the email-

Dear Foxmarks User,

Foxmarks is becoming Xmarks. We're not just changing our name, we're also enhancing our browser add-on and web site with new capabilities.

This email will provide you with some details about what has changed in our new version along with instructions on how to upgrade to Xmarks today.

Since starting Foxmarks, our goal has been to aggregate and analyze the bookmarks we manage to create something never done before: a bookmark-powered web discovery service. Last month you saw our first hint at this new service with the launch of "Suggested Tags". Today, we're proud to tell you about the launch of Xmarks, designed to help you search smarter and uncover the best sites on the web.

Upgrade to Xmarks now, or read on to learn more.

Upgrade to Xmarks Now

Uncover Great Websites
With the upgrade from Foxmarks to Xmarks, you'll still enjoy bookmark sync, backup and all the features you love about Foxmarks. In addition, Xmarks adds new discovery features:

1. Smarter Search
Xmarks will highlight the three sites in your Google results that have been bookmarked by the most people; this is a quick and easy way to tell which sites are most valued by real people like you.

2. Site Info
Xmarks adds a small blue information icon in your browser location bar. Click it to learn more about the site you are on and see recommendations for the top five similar sites. This is a great way to uncover the best of the web.

3. Xmarks.com
Visit Xmarks.com from any browser to write your own site reviews and to see even more similar site recommendations.

Learn more about these new features.