ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (53/192) > >>

MilesAhead:
@MilesAhead

In the bookmark dropdown menu you can select 'organize bookmarks'.
And export them to a location of your choice
you probably knew that

But the reason for this post is this knowledge of auto export on exit.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML

You may have known that as well though.
-cmpm (March 26, 2009, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I understand.  What makes Bookmark Sync n Sort unique is the formatting, as I mentioned.  Also it has an option to Merge the bookmarks, say if you're not sure which Firefox you synced from last(which has the newest.) By default it overwrites, but you can also Merge for a safer download.  Don't know what happened to the developer but I wish it would be updated for 3.x  Maybe the person just got sick of messing with it. :)

btw I mentioned the part about using Bookmark Sync n Sort to save the xml locally and load it from a folder because the tendency would be, if you tried that first and got garbled results, you'd give up on it.
I think I did myself when I first tried it.  But the action via ftp transfer works perfectly.

mwang:
MilesAhead, have you tried Foxmarks? It also sync your bookmarks, and does it reliably. If you don't like to sync to their server, you can use your own server. And the "merge" function is its default, though you can also overwrite one with the other.

siouxdax:
I simply can't live without All-In-One Gestures, Foxmarks, Menu Editor, Organize Status Bar, StumbleUpon and Toolbar Buttons. But really I'm in love with all of my add-ons. Apparently I have scads of add-ons compared to my friends who only have a few installed.

BTW: Foxmarks is now becoming Xmarks. I'm frightened. We don't need to change a thing. They are supposedly going to add social bookmarking features. We already have enough of those.

cmpm:
MilesAhead

-Bookmark Sync n Sort-

I bumped up the version compatibility to 4.0.
It works with FireFox 3 on my machine.
All the options and menus are there.
But I didn't set it up.

It's really a big improvement-FF 3, plus more security.
Give it whirl if you want to.
You can always switch back.

Change the .zip at the end of the file name to .xpi.
The forum will not accept .xpi files.
But it will for zip files.

After changing the extension -a must-, just drag and drop onto your open Firefox 3.0.7, and the install window will pop up just like any normal addon for Firefox.

MilesAhead:
MilesAhead, have you tried Foxmarks? It also sync your bookmarks, and does it reliably. If you don't like to sync to their server, you can use your own server. And the "merge" function is its default, though you can also overwrite one with the other.
-mwang (March 26, 2009, 08:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's nothing unreliable about Bookmark sync & sort.  I've been using it for years.
Tried Foxmarks for about 5 minutes I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version