ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (52/192) > >>

mwang:
By chance, do you have an idea what would happen if both were installed at the same time? (Assuming you don't activate either one.)
-Paul Keith (March 25, 2009, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure I understand you here. Didn't I say you can have them both installed? I do, as a matter of fact. While I use only Scrapbook+ now, I keep Scrapbook on board so it'll be auto-updated, prompting me to check out what's happening to Scrapbook. So far there have been only fixes to bugs I haven't seen in SB+ (lucky or SB+ fixed them already). But if they diverge someday, I'll reevaluate.

By chance is there a tweak that allows it to be only used for Scrapbook captured pages?
-Paul Keith (March 25, 2009, 05:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Again I'm not sure I understand. If you don't want to use Wired-Marker for "live" pages, then don't. You don't need a tweak to achieve that. And yet I don't see the point of using Wired-Marker to highlight things in pages captured by Scrapbook, which has its own handy highlight tools. But, if you insist, then of course you can do that. Wired-Marker can be used on anything you load into Firefox (e.g., your own html pages), as long as the URL (path for local file) stays the same.

MilesAhead:
The reason I don't update to FF 3.x is Boommark Sync n Sort

It doesn't work with 3 because of the changed bookmark format.
If you have your own ftp storage this AddOn is great!! When you
upload, then download to Firefox on another machine, all the formatting,
personal toolbar, folder layout, sort by name etc. is maintained.
The only downer, other than not being updated for FF 3, is if you export
to a local folder, the xml file doesn't import properly.  Over ftp it works
perfectly though.

Another plus for the old html bookmark format is I can export my Firefox 2.x
bookmarks, import them in Opera, then manually edit the Opera6.adr file to
remove that "imported from Netscape" folder.  All that remains to duplicate
the Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar Folder is to drag & drop the entries onto the
Opera personal toolbar. The manual editing is faster and works better
than any format converter I've tried(of course I've only tried the free ones,
perhaps that's why.) :)

The other 2 most important AddOns are AutoCopy and Secure Login.
Secure Login is a clone of the Opera Wand password doodad. If a
password is available for the current page, the input box is highlighted
and you just click the Key on the toolbar.  Can handle multiple IDs for
the same page like Wand does.

Other than that I guess the next most important is Mr Tech Toolkit so
that I can use AddOns that work even though the FF is question is
the "wrong" version.

Paul Keith:
Not sure I understand you here. Didn't I say you can have them both installed? I do, as a matter of fact. While I use only Scrapbook+ now, I keep Scrapbook on board so it'll be auto-updated, prompting me to check out what's happening to Scrapbook. So far there have been only fixes to bugs I haven't seen in SB+ (lucky or SB+ fixed them already). But if they diverge someday, I'll reevaluate.-mwang (March 25, 2009, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I meant when they are both activated. I was assuming you had one clicked as disabled in the Firefox Add-ons menu.

Again I'm not sure I understand. If you don't want to use Wired-Marker for "live" pages, then don't. You don't need a tweak to achieve that. And yet I don't see the point of using Wired-Marker to highlight things in pages captured by Scrapbook, which has its own handy highlight tools. But, if you insist, then of course you can do that. Wired-Marker can be used on anything you load into Firefox (e.g., your own html pages), as long as the URL (path for local file) stays the same.

--- End quote ---

Well I haven't installed it so I wouldn't know. I just thought it seems to have a handy searchable highlight function that Scrapbook's highlight doesn't have.

mwang:
I was assuming you had one clicked as disabled in the Firefox Add-ons menu.-Paul Keith (March 25, 2009, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that's exactly what I do.

Well I haven't installed it so I wouldn't know. I just thought it seems to have a handy searchable highlight function that Scrapbook's highlight doesn't have.
-Paul Keith (March 25, 2009, 05:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then yes, Wired-Marker can do that, though I've never used it that way.

cmpm:
@MilesAhead

In the bookmark dropdown menu you can select 'organize bookmarks'.
And export them to a location of your choice
you probably knew that

But the reason for this post is this knowledge of auto export on exit.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML

You may have known that as well though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version