ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (50/192) > >>

mouser:
Extended Copy Menu has been mentioned by a few people here.  As I found use for it today i just wanted to plug it.

The use i had was i wanted to be able to select a section of a web page and copy it as html -- with the href links and other html codes still in it.  In essence this is like viewing the source and copying the relevant section of the source code -- just makes it a little easier.

Provides the option to copy selection as plain text or html.
It adds a "Copy As Html" and "Copy As Plain Text" to the context (right-click) menu. It is useful if you want to copy the text or underlying html from a web page into documents, posts or other applications.

--- End quote ---

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4554

40hz:
I've recently become rather fond of Canaware's NetNotes application. Sort of a cross between TreeNotes and Taboo. It can be set up to work with either Firefox or Explorer.

Link: www.canaware.com

Canaware NetNotes is a handy tool which offers you the ability to capture, save and organize your favorite Web pages into your own knowledge base.

You can capture a complete Web page or the portion you like such as images, specific paragraphs or source code snippets by a right-clicking in the Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox , and the potential dangerous scripts hidden in the Web page will be removed automatically.

You can also categorize, organize, view, edit and search the articles in the knowledge base with a WYSIWYG article editor.
--- End quote ---

8)

kartal:
I want to use that one but it is crashing here on my 64bit system

I've recently become rather fond of Canaware's NetNotes application. Sort of a cross between TreeNotes and Taboo. It can be set up to work with either Firefox or Explorer.
 (see attachment in previous post)
Link: www.canaware.com

Canaware NetNotes is a handy tool which offers you the ability to capture, save and organize your favorite Web pages into your own knowledge base.

You can capture a complete Web page or the portion you like such as images, specific paragraphs or source code snippets by a right-clicking in the Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox , and the potential dangerous scripts hidden in the Web page will be removed automatically.

You can also categorize, organize, view, edit and search the articles in the knowledge base with a WYSIWYG article editor.
--- End quote ---

8)

-40hz (March 23, 2009, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Paul Keith:
How does NetNotes compare to Evernote or Scrapbook?

mwang:
I've reinstalled Windows 7 beta and Linux several times lately, trying to find the best dual boot mix on my notebook (in terms of partition management). It's a good time to reflect on what I really use. I've found that with a fresh, empty Firefox, without peeking into the lengthy addon list on my desktop machine, I go and grab the following right away:

Autocopy
Lastpass
Foxmarks
Scrapbook+
Wired-Marker

The first four need no introduction here, but Wired-Marker seems rarely mentioned. It's a highlighter that stores the highlights locally. It doesn't capture the whole page (unlike scrapbook), but the highlights are there when you revisit the page. I use it when I want to highlight parts of a page that changes.

The obvious question is, if the page changes, how does Wired-Marker keep track of the exact locations of my highlights? I don't know the specifics. According to my experience, however, Wired-Marker does a pretty good job keeping tab. The only exception I know is, if a change is made in the same paragraph of a highlighted part, and is ahead of or overlaps with the highlighted part, then Wired-Marker loses track of that specific highlight. But other highlighted parts in the same page--either in other paragraphs or in the same paragraph but are before the change--won't be affected.

This isn't too bad for my purpose. Take Postfix Configuration Parameters page for example. It's a very long page since it documents every tweak you can make with Postfix. It changes quite often because the author keeps the references well updated (among the best in the industry); capturing it locally doesn't make sense. Most of the changes are nonetheless new parameters or new options for existing parameters. IOW, they usually come as new paragraphs. Wired-Marker highlights, as long as they don't span many pagagraphs, are thus quite safe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version