ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (3/192) > >>

mouser:
i really have to start using firefox as my default browser - some of those plugins sound fantastic.

Innuendo:
mouser,
Used to be a bigger IE fanboy you'd never find. Nowadays though, I am a staunch Firefox supporter. You start out with a basic, very secure browser. Then with the addition of plugins you have the power to make the browser you want. If you want something small, fast and lean or if you want something expansive and full-featured with abilities other browsers cannot touch...either way Firefox can do it.

mouser:
yep, i really just have to get passed my innertia that has me used to netcaptor..
firefox with good tab extensions seems the way to go, i just have to get myself used to it.

an idea:
should dc sponsor a firefox extension programming contest at some point, offering a prize or something to the best plugin?  there probably arent many coders here yet who are ready to write firefox plugins so we'd want to get out the word to some firefox plugin site about it, but it might be worth a try for fun.  maybe we can come up with some new ideas for plugins that we'd like to see.. maybe betsy's idea in another thread to have a plugin that remembers text size settings on dif pages.. is there a good firefox plugin writers community somewhere?

vegas:
That's a great idea mouser.  Would be a great way to generate more publicity for the site & it fits right in with what DC is all about.

crono:
The Mozilla Corp. is currently running such a contest. See http://www.mozilla.org/press/mozilla-2005-11-3.html :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version