ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (2/192) > >>

crono:
I use the following extensions:

* del.icio.us 0.5.9 - del.icio.us is a social bookmarks manager. It allows you to easily add sites you like to your personal collection of links, to categorize those sites with keywords, and to share your collection not only between your own browsers and machines, but also with others.

* FlashGot 0.5.9.97 - Enables Firefox, Mozilla Suite, Netscape and Thunderbird to handle single and massive ("all" and "selection") downloads using the most popular external download managers for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and FreeBSD (dozens currently supported, see Extension's Home Page for details). FlashGot offers also a Build Gallery functionality which helps to synthetize full media galleries in one page, from serial contents originally scattered on several pages, for easy and fast "download all".

* ListZilla 0.7 - Outputs an alphabetical list of extensions to a text, vB code, or HTML file. You read such a list right now ;)

* PDF Download 0.5.1.2 - Allows to choose whether you want to view a PDF file inside the browser (as PDF or HTML) or you want to download it!

* Plain Text to Link 1.4.2 - Manages highlighted Text with a right click

* ScrapBook 0.17.0 - This extension helps you to save Web pages and easily manage collections.

* Screen grab! 0.6 - Takes a screen shot using Java. - Absolute killer extension for WebDevelopers

* Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.7 - Enhances control over some aspects of tabbed browsing.

* Viamatic foXpose 0.2 - Click on the icon in the status bar to view all the browser windows with a single click.

* ViewSourceWith 0.0.7.4 - Show Source in an external editor

* Web Developer 0.9.4 - Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.

Geasemonkey is still missing support for 1.5 beta2 :(

bye bye
Andreas

mouser:
this thread is getting good.

i think crono's link to Tabbrowser Preferences may be the key extension that i like.
[EDIT: actually it was this one i liked, though it seems to be unrecommended(?): http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/tabextensions/index.html.en]

m_s:
Here's a full list of my extension (exported using ListZilla - thanks, Crono):

Adblock 0.5.2.039[/color]
AI Roboform Toolbar for Firefox 6.5.2
Colorful Tabs 0.3 - gives indidivual tabs a nice pastel tone, similar to OneNote
FlashGot 0.5.9.98
ListZilla 0.7
Tab Preview 0.3
Tab X 0.9.1 - puts a little 'x' on the right of each tab, to close the tab - I really struggle to use Firefox without this extension now.
Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.7
Translate 0.6.0.8

And one I want back as soon as it's updated to work with 1.5:
EverNote Web Clipper 1.0.0.34 - allows capturing text or entire webpages to EverNote for offline reading.

And not listed here are the three OnFolio tools for capturing pages, adding feeds, and opening OnFolio - this is a really great tool for RSS and online research.

dtrud0h:
I Like MiniT+, AdBlocker, forcastfox(enhanced),Mass Installer.
I didn't take the time to give links but I get all my extensions at

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl
New ownership and url: http://addonsmirror.net

Innuendo:
I use too many FireFox extensions to list them all, but I'll try to mention the best ones:

TabBrowser Extensions - the tab browsing extension that rules them all. Has everything all the others have and much, much more. Install this one and be amazed.

FlashGot - The best plugin to use with download managers. Period.

Download Statusbar - Sometimes a third-party download manager is not the right tool for the job & this prevents Firefox's built-in Downloads window from popping up all the time.

Findbar Basics - Turns on and off Find with Ctrl+F & some other things.

Flashblock - Keeps flash objects from auto-loading so you get to choose what loads and what doesn't.

Inline Autocomplete - Turns on auto-complete for the address bar so it works like IE's.

Minimize To Tray - Minimizes Firefox to the system tray.

OpenBook - Turns the Add Bookmark dialog into what it should have been from the start.

SearchPluginHacks -  Allows the uninstall of search plugins easily.

SuperDragAndGo - Gives you super drag-n-drop like in Maxthon.

Extended Statusbar - Turns the Firefox status bar into something much more informative.

IE Tabs - Changes the rendering engine for the tab you select to IE.

ContextSearch - Allows the context search function to use any installed search plugin.

FasterFox - Supercharges & fine-tunes your Firefox performance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version