ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (136/192) > >>

IainB:
@4wd: in the list Firefox (Pale Moon) Extensions used by @4wd (your FF PaleMoon extensions), you have Greasemonkey v1.15.
Is there any reason you have not updated to v2.3?
Thanks.

IainB:
Here are votes for:

* ABP = AdBlockPlus and its Select an element to hide option. :Thmbsup:
* BehindTheOverlay - removes those dark overlays that obscure your view of webpage content.   :Thmbsup:
I've found both of these extensions to be  very useful from time to time, blocking the annoying pop-ups or repetitive images that you find on some sites, and that obscure the content on the page that you are trying to read.

Curt:
hover_autocopy, a small user script that I am looking forward to start using:

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/3487-hover-autocopy
@namespace      hover_autocopy(at)userscript.org
Created    2014-07-21

hover_autocopy
A small icon will prompt up after you selected some text. The selected text will auto copy to clipboard when you move the cursor over the icon.

You'll need a userscript client that supports GM_setClipboard, or it will prompt an alert. (both Greasemonkey & Scriptish support the API)

I wrote this script because Firefox's copy in contextmenu is very unreliable, it makes my life easier...
-Author's Description
--- End quote ---

-------
modified:
no, hover_autocopy has gone, because the pop-up interfered with my Auto Context which also is a lot more versatile, (but requires forced compatibility ~ and a click).

4wd:
Are you sure you're not using the old sync?  In the new one, effectively everything is a merge unless you delete the online db.  -MilesAhead (February 27, 2015, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

My bad, Pale Moon still has the option Firefox doesn't - shows you how often I use Firefox  :-[
I run my own sync server but don't use it any more since I only use Firefox based browsers on Windows based computers, it's a lot more efficient to just replace the contents of the profile with the one I want.

@4wd: in the list Firefox (Pale Moon) Extensions used by @4wd (your FF PaleMoon extensions), you have Greasemonkey v1.15.
Is there any reason you have not updated to v2.3?-IainB (February 27, 2015, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most likely because I'm lazy and don't go looking for updates, and the add-on doesn't auto-update.  Plus it works with the scripts I'm using so there's never been a reason to update it.

IainB:
Most likely because I'm lazy and don't go looking for updates, and the add-on doesn't auto-update.  Plus it works with the scripts I'm using so there's never been a reason to update it.
-4wd (February 27, 2015, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

OIC. Thanks. My reason for not updating from Greasemonkey v1.15 to v2.3 is because I read that the NEW version is so different that apparently it could disable some of the the functionality in some of your scripts that worked fine under the OLD version. Not backwards compatible, I guess.   :huh:
That version change seemed to happen around the same time as http://userscripts.org/ was taken out of service or something...
Now you can't get at all those OLD scripts.
Then http://userscripts-mirror.org/ was set up ... and then of course, there's Wayback.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version