ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (96/192) > >>

communityfair:
My favorite is image zoom. It is really good.

MilesAhead:
Anyone using the DuckDuckGo AddOn?  I'm trying it now. Not sure exactly why. I can see adding it to the search engine list. But I'm wondering what the AddOn does for me other than stick a DDG Button on the toolbar?

cyberdiva:
MilesAhead, I've wondered about this, too.  I already have DDG set as the engine in the Firefox search box, and I just found that if I highlight a word or words and right-click, one of the options is "Search DuckDuckGo for [search term]".  So what more could an add-on provide?  (Indeed, I even checked my add-on list to be sure that the DDG Add-on wasn't already there.)

tomos:
I just tried the Chrome Duckduckgo addon yesterday - it gives the options to search in Amazon and various other sites and combinations. Haven't tried the FF add-on (have recently started using it as my main search though).

Curt:
Anyone using the DuckDuckGo AddOn?  I'm trying it now. I can see adding it to the search engine list. But I'm wondering what the AddOn does for me other than stick a DDG Button on the toolbar?-MilesAhead (November 27, 2012, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

maybe it was made with respect to the saying, "out of sight, out of thought" (or how the English version may go), so a normal entry in the search box only wouldn't make it a forgotten option.

--------
edit:
Regarding the wording "so a normal entry in the search box only wouldn't make it a forgotten option" - well, I am not sure what I said, but I know what I meant. Hope you get it as well ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version