ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (86/192) > >>

40hz:
Just a quick plug for ReadItLater.

An absolute must-have. Especially since FF seems intent on breaking Canaware's brilliant NetNotes something like every other time FF updates itself.  :-\

Also props to the previously mentioned Lazarus. It's been more than once a long post of mine made it to DC's forum because of that add-on. I'm not the sort of person who will rewrite a couple of hundred words if something glitched when I went to post them. 

ewemoa:
About this Add-on
Bookmark Highlighter does what it says on the tin. Text links are highlighted with a blue background, and image links are highlighted with a dotted blue outline. This is a simple and effective way to see what's bookmarked among a sea of links.

--- End quote ---
-IainB (November 07, 2011, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mmmm, sounds good!  Thanks for sharing!

IainB:
Something else you may be able to make use of:
Removing Java Console Extension (Firefox)

We mentioned the Java Console Extension as one of those extensions that a program (in this case Oracle’s Java) installs into Firefox without the user’s knowledge. Unless you are a Java Developer, this extension serves no real purpose for most Firefox users. Many users find they have multiple Java Console extensions and some (or all) are disabled. However, there is no way to remove the extension(s) via the Firefox add-ons manager. A long time ago we posted on how to remove the extension and thought it may be a good idea to post it again.Especially since some users may want to perform a little housekeeping on their Firefox profile before they update to the next version.
--- End quote ---

I have followed these instructions and deleted the offending files. When FF restarts the extensions are no longer there.    :)

MilesAhead:
I just found this tip. It's not an AddOn but a method to use your search plugins from the address bar like you can in chromium based browsers:

http://www.techairlines.com/2011/02/04/google-chromes-omnibar-in-firefox/

For example you can add the keyword "scr" to the Scroogle plugin.  To do a search using scroogle from the address bar you would do
scr search term

Then you can pull the search box down until the next time you want to add plugins.

AndyM:
I have followed these instructions and deleted the offending files. When FF restarts the extensions are no longer there.
-IainB (November 08, 2011, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I recently updated Java to 6.0.29, and then that console and Java Console 6.0.26 were both in my extension list.  I was able to uninstall 6.0.26 using the Firefox context menu for that extension (neither "Uninstall" nor "Disable" were greyed out).

Are we talking about the same thing here?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version