ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Teddy - A simple drum machine!

<< < (7/7)

scancode:
Have the additional soundbanks been uploaded?  If, how might I access them?
Thanks, scancode.

fkform
-fkform (April 09, 2009, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I deserve to be publicly whipped. I'll upload them tomorrow, promise.

fkform:
No problem!  I was concerned that I had missed where to upload them.  Appreciate all your work and help, scancode.

fkform

valt39:
 :down:
I can't run Teddy's installer because My PrevX.3 spyware stop me with this message: High Risk Cloaked Malware.
Can you help me?  :(
Valt39

mouser:
It's a false alarm, the program is fine and has no virus.

I'll make sure scancode sees this post and checks it out, and figures out what might be upsetting PrevX.

My antivirus tool (Eset nod32) doesn't see anything wrong with it, so i'm quite sure it's a false alarm; the designation of it as "high risk cloaked malware" by Prevx makes me suspicious that it's one of those "guesses" that these security programs do when they aren't really sure if anything is wrong.

When in doubt the best thing is to upload a file to an online scanner like VirusTotal (http://www.virustotal.com/) and get a second opinion.  I did this for the Teddy installer, and basically everything said it was fine except for PrevX which said exactly what you described, which again makes me confident that what we have here is yet another case of a security program scaring people into thinking a program is dangerous just because the security program gets confused.

In practical terms, you can either add an exception to PrevX to make it ignore teddy, or you can go into PrevX options and look for some setting that tells PrevX to stop being so annoying and blocking programs that it is only guessing about.

scancode:
It's a false alarm, the program is fine and has no virus.

I'll make sure scancode sees this post and checks it out, and figures out what might be upsetting PrevX.

My antivirus tool (Eset nod32) doesn't see anything wrong with it, so i'm quite sure it's a false alarm; the designation of it as "high risk cloaked malware" by Prevx makes me suspicious that it's one of those "guesses" that these security programs do when they aren't really sure if anything is wrong.

When in doubt the best thing is to upload a file to an online scanner like VirusTotal (http://www.virustotal.com/) and get a second opinion.  I did this for the Teddy installer, and basically everything said it was fine except for PrevX which said exactly what you described, which again makes me confident that what we have here is yet another case of a security program scaring people into thinking a program is dangerous just because the security program gets confused.

In practical terms, you can either add an exception to PrevX to make it ignore teddy, or you can go into PrevX options and look for some setting that tells PrevX to stop being so annoying and blocking programs that it is only guessing about.
-mouser (April 21, 2009, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I blame NSIS.

I'm uploading a zipped version, just in case. Done, check 1st post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version