ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MOGware's FileHamster (Complaint)

<< < (7/7)

babouras:
Could someone please inform me how to get rid the constant sound of a boxing glove that is part of a Filehamster's buuble ad? I can accept its appearance once, but the moment Filehamster initiates and keeps a copy, this annoying sound repeats itself until I close Filehamster. I will have to uninstall the program if there's no solution.

tomos:
Could someone please inform me how to get rid the constant sound of a boxing glove that is part of a Filehamster's buuble ad? I can accept its appearance once, but the moment Filehamster initiates and keeps a copy, this annoying sound repeats itself until I close Filehamster. I will have to uninstall the program if there's no solution.
-babouras (September 30, 2009, 08:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

that's funny - I dont get that and it's not in options here (FH 'Advanced') - is that the free version that you're using?
(maybe it's another 'incentive' to purchase :-\)

tranglos:
-babouras (September 30, 2009, 08:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is this a FileHamster sound, or could it be one of Windows built-in souds? (I don't like it when Windows plays an error sound at 3am, so I always disable all these sound effects in Control Panel, and don't really know what sounds come bundled with Windows).

Anyway, if this is a FileHamster sound, there is probably a .wav or an .mp3 file installed with the program. Check under the folder where FH is installed. If you find any sound files there, delete them (or rename them), so that FH cannot find them.  It should not cause any visible errors in the program. If it does, it's a bug that you can report to FH.

If there are no sound files under FH folder, then perhaps this is a Windows sound. Try Control Panel -> Sounds, and checkk the sound schemes. Applications can add their own sounds there for various events, and you can disable individual sounds or all of them.

(I don't have FH installed at the moment, so I cannot check this for you, but is there no option in Preferences to disable sounds? Though I guess you'd have tried that already :) )

Mogware Support:
I'm not sure what sound you are talking about...FileHamster doesn't play any sounds with the bubbles; although, allowing the user to specify a sounds when a bubble pops up or disappears might be a fun little 'optional' feature.   :Thmbsup:

Upgrading to any of the paid versions will eliminate the ad bubbles; The free version or evaluation version is for folks to try out the product and does contain a few annoyances.  We do allow the evaluation version to keep working after the trial period for those users who don't care about the ad bubbles.  Sounds like you may be at that point where you might want to consider buying the full version.

tranglos:
I'm not sure what sound you are talking about...FileHamster doesn't play any sounds with the bubbles; although, allowing the user to specify a sounds when a bubble pops up or disappears might be a fun little 'optional' feature.   :Thmbsup:
-Mogware Support (September 30, 2009, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Mogware!

Babouras: in that case you may have sounds configured in Windows to play at certain "events", such as a program popping up a notification message. Do check the Control Panel, you may well find the answer there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version