ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Every Site is Unsafe According to Google

(1/3) > >>

Paul Keith:
Consider yourselves one of the few lucky ones if you haven't got this error:

Source:

Hey guys, if i search for something with google toolbar, everything has the *this site may harm your computer* warning, even google itself (lol)
Joel on January 31, 2009 06:40 AM
--- End quote ---

Well for my all of the results on Google have the warning at the current time; even Google itself.
Jeg on January 31, 2009 06:40 AM
--- End quote ---

Well, I go onto google this morning
and under every website it says,
"This site may harm your computer."

And yet these are sites I go to everyday.

I type in yahoo just to make sure,
and there is says:
"This site may harm your computer."

What?
Christine on January 31, 2009 06:41 AM
--- End quote ---

I'm having the same problem. All of my search results suddenly have that "this site may harm your computer" warning and I can't access any of the results. Did google get hacked?
Johnny on January 31, 2009 06:42 AM
--- End quote ---

I just started getting the warning today. In fact, not only am I getting it, it's on EVERY DAMN RESULT. I had to copy the URL just to get to this page. Is this some kind of bug?
Albert Mond on January 31, 2009 06:43 AM
--- End quote ---

Are you aware that _this_ very page, to which we're all posting comments, is identified by Google as being potentially harmful to my computer?

Similarly unlikely threats include ESPN and newspaper websites with sports news, which is how i _first_ encountered this stupid feature on Google.

I think they've totally botched it.
jeff on January 31, 2009 06:44 AM
--- End quote ---

Well I am seeing this on every search result too, time to switch search engines (until they fix this mess)
rod on January 31, 2009 06:44 AM
--- End quote ---

That's funny. I "googled" up "google" on "www.google.com" and "google" is coming up as a harmful link. When I click on www.google.com in the search results, I get a Warning page. =D
Matt on January 31, 2009 06:48 AM
--- End quote ---

Google has done this to every page on the internet today! They have messed up big style
Craig on January 31, 2009 06:48 AM
--- End quote ---

Me tooOO and even the "Cached" page link has gone.
D on January 31, 2009 06:48 AM
--- End quote ---

We're under attack, turn on the tv and watch the news, telephones are going to be next.
Steve Butters on January 31, 2009 06:50 AM
--- End quote ---

Google must be having a bad day.

As of today, be it on www.google.com, www.google.com.tw or www.google.com.hk, every search results I get back has "This Site May Harm Your Computer" under it. Even the link to this page.
Alex on January 31, 2009 06:50 AM
--- End quote ---

This is sad, I had to use yahoo.com to find this page. What happened to google.com?
Jason on January 31, 2009 06:50 AM
--- End quote ---

Even GOOGLE pages (help pages specifically) are being tagged as "this site may harm your computer". Pretty funny, but there is not one single hit on the google search page coming back as safe.

Irritating that it's now everything is unsafe, can't click through, and now I'll be using another search engine, email & homepage.

Good job Google! You've big brothered yourself right into no longer being user friendly.
Pk on January 31, 2009 06:51 AM
--- End quote ---

i'm getting that warning on every search result also. I'm glad I ran into this forum (actually the only one turning up on search that had this issue) because I thought google was targeting my IP or something... I think google finally went nuts with power and went trigger happy
Collin Q on January 31, 2009 06:53 AM
--- End quote ---

The list goes on and on... (I find it hilarious that Google does this prior to the day I talked with LoneStar of BuildaSearch. No, I'm not shilling the site. It's just got me laughing on my desk right now.)

mahesh2k:
Paul,

You can even add snippets from IRC. That will add more fun here.  :D

Paul Keith:
mahesh2k, sadly I'm not a regular member of any irc channel but out of curiosity, how would I go about doing that?

mahesh2k:
Chat button ocoder" IRC room. n Forum navigation leads you to "Donation:) We discussed that few minutes earlier over there.

f0dder:
mahesh2k, sadly I'm not a regular member of any irc channel but out of curiosity, how would I go about doing that?-Paul Keith (January 31, 2009, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Easiest way is to use the the webchat, or you can get a full-blown IRC client - for instance, ChatZilla for FireFox. #donationcoder is hosted at EFNet :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version