ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

Custom Pokemon making aide.

(1/3) > >>

Ordstrin:
This isn't really your general run-of-the-mill application, I know. I thought I'd share it all the same.

Basically what this does is let you choose an element (or elements, up to 17 of them) for a pokemon.
After you choose your element(s) you click Create, it hums and harrs for a while then tells you what number to multiply (base) damage by depending on what element an attack is.

Pretty simple concept that took me a while to implement.

I may yet make a new program based on this that deals with more than just Pokemon (other RPGs and games use an element based battle system too).

Direct download can be found _here_

Screenshot:

Misc. Details:
- There are no bugs I know of in this version, however it is a "beta" because this is the first time I've released it to the public.
- The program will be slow to start on the first run, due to it making a reference file.
- There is a logging option which creates a "log.txt" file in the program's directory.
- The log option sometimes will slow down the "creation" process, especially if you choose a lot of elements.
- The date format in the log is YearMonthDayHourMinutesSeconds. For example; 20090130172105 = 5:21pm (and 5 seconds) on the 30th of January 2009 (I simply didn't feel like making a nice looking date for an error catching log)

Paul Keith:
Interesting.

Is this for a creating a balanced pokemon hack?

Ordstrin:
It is for whatever you like.
Basically it just gives you damage multipliers.
I should inclulde a screenshot I suppose... I'll edit the first post with one soon (ie. 10mins max).

Paul Keith:
If you don't mind, may I know what motivated you to develop the program? It's kind of interesting because it seems you are legitimately interested in the game Pokemon but at the same time it seems you're detached to the concept and just decided to use Pokemon as your base model to create this calculator.

Ordstrin:
You may certainly know, yes. (especially since you asked like that!)

{RAMBLING}
I used to play pokemon, watch the tv series, I've got a heap of TCG stuff and I've seen some of the movies.

However all that was quite a long time ago (with the exception of Diamond & Pearl which I got out of the hopes that I'd have a good time-waster again).
{/RAMBLING}

So yes, I'm detatched from it, in the sense that I'm no longer really interested in Pokemon stuff. (apart for using it as material for a scraped-off-the-wall story on the rare occasion)

{RAMBLING}
I had in the past (during one of the aforementioned stories) wanted to know what resistances a certain set of elements would give a pokemon, so I did a heap of research and worked it out.

More recently I had a 20 minute story stint in a pokemon world (while i was in bed with nothing better to do, taking a rest) which of course meant that ended up spending 40 minutes researching afterwards (and failing to pick the story up again).
After all that research I remembered how I'd once "made" custom pokemon, with multiple elements.
{/RAMBLING}

So (in conclusion, after much rambling) I made this program more or less just as something to do (choosing this program as my "something to do" was mostly due to the above rambling).

I'm now up to Pre-Alpha 3 of my follow-up program. :D screenshot is... erm.. Here:

Edit:
Can anyone tell me how to make the above picture a thumbnail?

Edit:
Thanks muchly Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version