topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Excessively Large Node Listing  (Read 5847 times)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Excessively Large Node Listing
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:57 PM »
One of the sections in my LBC is excessively large.  I don't mean that it has too many entries, but rather that it takes up an excessive and needless amount of space.   When I open most sections, they look more or less like this:

lbc_normal400.gif

But one is absurdly larger:

lbc_large400.gif

I see no reason for this section to be so large.  Certainly the names of the files aren't very long.  The one difference I can identify is that included in this listing is one that is a menu with its own child nodes, but none of these has a long name.  As you can see, the size is really excessive.  Is there anything that can be done to make this listing be more like the others in size?

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Excessively Large Node Listing
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I see no reason for this section to be so large.  Certainly the names of the files aren't very long.  The one difference I can identify is that included in this listing is one that is a menu with its own child nodes, but none of these has a long name.  As you can see, the size is really excessive.  Is there anything that can be done to make this listing be more like the others in size?
I'm quoting my posting of January 29 because today I changed the one element that I thought might be responsible for the section's being so absurdly large, namely, that it included one menu with its own child nodes.  I removed that menu and put each of the child nodes as a separate entry, so that they'd be like all the others.  But that made no difference.  The listing is still just as large as before.  :(     :wallbash:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:15 AM »
this is really strange..
i can't tell from the screenshots.. is the oversized menu a listing of files in a disk directory -- or is it showing child nodes configured in the LBC tree.

if the lattter, can you send me your .mcf file and i can try to reproduce and fix it. ([email protected])

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 07:14 PM »
Hi.  I'm delighted to report that I sent my .mcf file to mouser, and he quickly identified the cause of the oversized menu.  One of the items in the menu turned out to have lots of extra spaces after the name of the program in the Caption box.  I didn't actually see that these were spaces, but I was able to highlight them and delete them.  After I did so, my menu returned to a normal size.

Thanks VERY much, mouser!!   :Thmbsup:

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:32 AM »
maybe LBC could do an auto-trim whenever the user adds a file/shortcut.. :-\