Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 30, 2014, 06:37:49 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mini-Review of Find&Run Robot  (Read 6640 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:59:06 AM »

It's been a long time coming, but I finally put up my first DC software review.  I implemented some new features for the first time in this article, to make it look more professional, like something you read in a magazine.  Please check it out:

A couple of the cool new features are the following: drop-cap for the first letter of the article, and a pull quote.  No big deal, but it makes the reading look really professional.

Of course, the article is featured on my frontpage:
http://aram.dcmembers.com/

And also on my Superior Software List page:
http://aram.dcmembers.com/superior-software-list/

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 02:15:44 AM »

Can't believe i didn't see this earlier..

Means a lot to me to see the review of FARR on your site - and most of all i'm happy you like the program.  Thmbsup Thmbsup
superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »

Did you have any doubt?!  I love that program.  In fact, that's what brought me to the forums in the first place.

No...that's a lie...I came here initially looking for DesktopCoral, never ended up using it, and then finding FARR.  But for the sake of the story, we'll just leave it at FARR.

ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 03:18:07 AM »

A peripheral observation -- I noticed that some of the screenshots show options dialog boxen that don't look like what I have in my locally installed version.  Specifically, my Options dialog box doesn't appear to have a VIEW menu item between "File" and "ConfigureToolbar" [1].  Is there a way for me to enable this?

As to the review, I wanted to express my agreement with the quote:

As you can see, FARR is highly customizable. It was made for powerusers by a poweruser who, fortunately, is also extremely sensitive to the needs of normal users.

smiley

[1] http://aram.dcmembers.com.../images/farr-options1.jpg
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 03:28:45 AM »

aram is using an old version of screenshots.
ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 04:31:38 AM »

Thanks for the explanation.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 06:53:10 AM »

good review! thumbs up just curious why haven't you updated to the latest Farr?

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »

OK, ok...I was being lazy...since mouser already had screenshots, I didn't bother making my own.  I'll go update my screenshots.  It will be updated in a few minutes.

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »

Updated with correct screenshot.

ewemoa
Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »

Nice green gradient in the skin -- I went looking for it locally but somehow didn't come across it.

The Poweruser section was a nice touch  Thmbsup

borderline insane plugins

lol

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 05:04:35 PM »

Nice green gradient in the skin -- I went looking for it locally but somehow didn't come across it.

The Poweruser section was a nice touch  Thmbsup
Thanks.  THat green gradient is just the overall Windows XP setting.  It has nothing to do with FARR.  Basically, I've set the theme to classic Windows look rather than the default bubbly XP theme.  Then you can just edit the gradient colors in the display properties.

Yeah, some of those plugins are pretty crazy!

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 07:58:42 PM »

OK, ok...I was being lazy...since mouser already had screenshots, I didn't bother making my own.  I'll go update my screenshots.  It will be updated in a few minutes.

oh, you recycled the screenshots. i thought you hadn't updated to the latest Farr. smiley

For the non-computer geeks, you have to understand that there is a geek subculture out there that is obsessed with using their keyboard to do absolutely everything on their computer.

ouch! Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0.24 ]