topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Xara Xtreme 2 - $19 until 4th February 2009  (Read 5594 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Xara Xtreme 2 - $19 until 4th February 2009
« on: January 29, 2009, 04:42 PM »
Xara have discounted lots of software in the past but this is the first time I can recall any version of Xtreme for $19. (Usually these offers refer to Xara X1 which is older).

Check it out at http://site.int.xara...m/offers/xaraxtreme/

The current version of Xtreme is version 4 and there is a comparison page for you to see what the differences are.

If you want Xtreme 4 you can upgrade from this version and the upgrade costs $59 to Xtreme 4. This is a saving of $11 on the list price of $89 so you could effectively treat it as a 12.3% discount on the current version.

If you want to share the joy
If you want to buy it and be nice to me at the same time you could use my affliate link to place your order.

The offer is on the home page towards the bottom right.

Many readers will know I am not related to Xara in any way but just like their software and recommended it so often I figured I may as well get an affiliate link. If you search round here you will also see it has not always been a smooth ride with me and Xara - in particular I didn't like some of their upgrade policies in the past but that is water under the bridge and there is new management. If you want vector drawing software, Xara have always been at the top of the game with fantastic, amazingly quick and responsive software, compared to Adobe Illustrator, and all at abudget price.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:47 PM by Carol Haynes »

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Xara Xtreme 2 - $19 until 4th February 2009
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Too bad I have it already.

Just wanted to add my recommendation for Xara. It is extremely speedy and capable.  :Thmbsup:

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 11:34 PM »
Is anybody else having trouble with the link to the special price?  I can't get it to load from the direct link or from Carol's affiliate link.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 12:30 AM »
both links works fine from here.. :)

ws-xara-1.png

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 02:09 AM »
I've been using Xara Extreme 4 for a couple of semesters and I absolutely love it! I frequently make drawings to hand out in my classes and Xara makes it so easy to accomplish that. Most of my drawings are fairly simple but Xara lets me create them very quickly. If you dig a little deeper, you will find a comprehensive set of features and special effects that will let you create just about anything you can imagine. I recommend it highly.

I don't know what differences there are between versions 2 and 4 but, as Carol suggested, you could use this offer as a discount on v.4.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 04:47 AM »
Is anybody else having trouble with the link to the special price?  I can't get it to load from the direct link or from Carol's affiliate link.

Both links work fine here - try clearing your browser cache.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 11:27 AM »
I love Xara Xtreme as well  :Thmbsup: I had the same "issues" with the immediate post Magix takeover cash grab that Carol refers to above, but like Carol it is water under the bridge now. I hadn't used it in ages but last week was requred to generate a map for a project and was amazed, as always, with how quick and intuitvie it is  :Thmbsup: