ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Macro needed

(1/3) > >>

SKesselman:
Hi,

My BF needs a macro.
I have the complete description, but it is long and very detailed, so I'll start with the basics:

Based on data from fields in a template/form (date, reference number, etc.) where the macro runs:
Can a macro actually go into Explorer, check to see if a folder exists (for example, John_Doe),
then create one and name it if it does not,
then name the document automatically when he "Save(s) As"?
And, save the new document it in the new folder (or a different one, depending on the field entries) upon closing the document?

As usual, any help is appreciated...however, he does not want a full-blown program, just this specific macro.

Thanks,
Sarah

Target:
short answer would be yes, but more info needed, eg what sort of documents are we talking about

SKesselman:
Sorry!
Word 2007 docx format.

Target:
sorry, not sure I can help with this one (I don't have access to office 2007, or much experience with VBA coding for word)

having said that it seems pretty straight forward, though i have no idea what (if any) impact the new document format might have

SKesselman:
Regarding the file format, here's what I got from Microsoft:

Office Word 2007 XML macro-enabled template-.dotm

Stores macro code for use with other Word documents. Does not always contain macro code, but is configured to support macro code storage. Word documents created from a macro-enabled template do not inherit the VBAProject part of the template. By default, documents are saved as .docx files even when they are created from a Office Word 2007 XML macro-enabled template.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version