Home | Blog | Software | Reviews and Features | Forum | Help | Donate | About us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • October 21, 2016, 06:39:20 AM
  • Proudly celebrating 10 years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Some non-mainstream online and offline software you might not know about  (Read 1910 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
First off, I'd like to apologize for creating this generic thread. I didn't intend to create a thread with a generic software thread but I was browsing through my old notes and found some apps I have marked for trialling but didn't and I thought I'd share these with you guys.

Warning: I didn't test these applications at all so try at your risk.

This one's pretty well known to people searching for games that are Firefox extensions. It's generally a twist on the stumbleupon idea and is pretty popular just often understated outside it's niche.

Windows Steady State
An alternative privacy app to Returnil and CCLeaner. Free too.

280 Slides
Online Slideshow Creator for Casual Users.

Desktop client version of a Dream Journal. This one pretty much looks like your average diary app from the screenshot with a dropdown rating for the lucidity of your current dream.

Blogging client with a timeline. Worth a look for those who want a different way of viewing their blogs. Timeline makes archives easier to skim. Wordpress like interface makes overall posts slightly confusing to read.

Micro-novel writing blogging client. Think twitter except the site releases the texts in such a way that you are reading literally snippets of text connecting together to become a story.

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Some non-mainstream online and offline software you might not know about
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 10:14:35 AM »
Nice  :up: