ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

avengine.exe

(1/1)

charlie6:
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right area of the forum so I'll apologize if it's not.  When I set it to Force Kill avengine.exe merrily ramps up to 99% CPU usage anyway and anytime it wants.  If I also try to change priority from Normal, it resets back to normal.

Is there any way I can either kill or lower the CPU usage of avengine.exe?

Thanks for any advice!

mouser:
this is a question for the Process Tamer section; i'll move it there in a bit.
try changing the priority of other programs -- if the rest change successfully and only avengine.exe doesnt -- then you have a process that is forcing its own priority and nothing can prevent that.

justice:
avengine.exe is a process belonging to the Panda AntiVirus Internet security suite, and is essential for protecting your computer from Internet-bound threats. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

I think antivirus software will prevent itself from being killed otherwise things would be easyfor viruses. So that's why process tamer is not able to kill it.

wreckedcarzz:
It is probably spending the CPU time fending off Process Tamer, essentially attacking itself. You should be able to turn it off via Panda itself, although I've never used any Panda products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version