ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PerfectDisk 10 @ -20%

<< < (3/4) > >>

J-Mac:
I've had the maintenance agreement with Raxco for a few years and I always received proper notice of new versions with a password for downloading and installation. Except this time. I did receive a notice to try it early a week ago but I thought it was the last pre-release version and so didn't bother. Now I am realizing that was probably the actual release version since I did not receive any other notice, except the discount offer that most people got.

Jim

Carol Haynes:
I received discount offers (by the trash can full) but I did receive maintenance upgrades for the two versions I own - they came in the form of an email including a new license number. It was only a few days ago so maybe they are working though them.

Out of curiosity how do you renew the maintenance agreement - I only seem to have it having bought an upgrade last year?

bugis:
Anyone have any thoughts about DiskKeeper vs PerfectDisk?

Thanks, Ken
-KenR (January 28, 2009, 07:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't used PD in a long time, and I am used to Diskeeper so take it FWIW: the 2009 edition of Diskeeper is pretty decent. The 2k9 Pro that I have has added i-faast (file sequencing) that was previously only in Propremier versions, and a few other tweaks. Best part about DK is that it's truly set and forget and it works really brilliantly in that respect. Very stable and never has any issues with any of my other apps.

Darwin:
I received discount offers (by the trash can full) but I did receive maintenance upgrades for the two versions I own - they came in the form of an email including a new license number. It was only a few days ago so maybe they are working though them.

Out of curiosity how do you renew the maintenance agreement - I only seem to have it having bought an upgrade last year?
-Carol Haynes (January 29, 2009, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Carol - I rooted around  looking for an upgrade link/serial/download link while logged into my Raxco account yesterda and noted that on the page showing my latest purchase of a maintenance agreement is a link that offers to extend it. They also send out an email ahead of your agreement's expiry date with a link to purchase an extension, last time with a 20% discount so two years cost me about $7 and change...

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - I'll go an look. Come to think of it I think that is how I ended up with 2 licenses for the main product - plus I bought the VMWare products as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version