topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 Free Promo  (Read 12796 times)

kanecitizen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 Free Promo
« on: January 16, 2009, 06:08 AM »
Hi guys ! I have always used Ashampoo Burning software - one of the few alternatives to Nero . Real great quality, very complete , this latest version even has a few more goodies than Nero .

I was thrilled to find this free promo  and I grabb it instanly . It works like a charm !

Found it here : http://for-free-on-internet.com/2008/12/ashampoo-burning-studio-2009-worth-4999-free-promo-on-computerbildde/

Hope you enjoy !

Kane ... A simple Citizen .

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 Free Promo
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:17 AM »

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 07:00 AM »
This is not as complete as my Burning Studio 2008. I opened both side by side. BS2009 does not have the ability to create DVD video whereas 2008 does. So, if you already have 2008, loading this would be a downgrade.

kanecitizen

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 08:04 AM »
Hi Josh and Edbro !

Josh : I put the link to the site where I find this tip for 2 reasons :
1. The promo is on a german page  and those guys are giving detalis and screenshots about how to get the promo .
2. To credit their work . Neither me nor you have  found and share this tip . But them ( I've checked on Google before posting here - they are the first talking about this great tip ).

Edbro  : you must be reffering to Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 ( and not 2008 ) , which costs €49,99 ( ( $ 66,49 ) ) on Ashampoo site .
I don't have it so I cannot confirm your saying .
Looking over the official screenshots http://www.ashampoo.com/frontend/products/php/product.php?session_langid=2&idstring=1810 ... The ONLY difference I see is "AND Photos" added to the "Burn Movies" Section .

Let's make it clear : V 2009 - this nice free opportunity - CANNOT be a downgrade to V 2008 ( and not the latest V 8 ) .

We all know the older tip about getting V 2008 for free . The same site is telling that it is still valid and how to get it : http://for-free-on-internet.com/2009/01/ashampoo-burning-studio-2008-for-free-unless-you-need-v-2009/
This comes from the famous Raymond.cc post : http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/05/05/get-26-ashampoo-software-full-license-key-code-worth-500-for-free/

My conclusion : for someone not willing to pay €49,99 ( $ 66,49 ) for the latest Ashampoo Burning Studio 8 , or $79.99 for Nero ... This free promo for Ashampoo Burning Studio 2009 is a great opportunity . I've got it and I'm very pleased .
Let's not minimise it .

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 08:14 AM »
I'm not knocking your submission. Free is good.

You're correct, mine is BS8 not 2008. But, in 2008, there is an option to "create a video DVD" as well as "Burn a video dvd from a prepared folder". BS2009 does not have the option to "create a video DVD". So, for me, there are less features than my current version.

Burning studio is a great program. If you don't already have it, get this free one or any of the other versions.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 12:15 PM »
To edbro: Are we speaking about the same version? Mine has this:

Ashampoo-2009.jpgAshampoo Burning Studio 2009 Free Promo

Downloaded just now according to above mentioned instructions. By the way, thanks kanecitizen!

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 12:44 PM »
It must be a backward step from version 8 because the opening screens of the installer say:

This is a full version!

To start the online registration procedure just select ‘Get Full Version Key’ in the ‘Internet’ menu. If you are not already online the program will prompt you to establish a connection to the Internet. Your free full version key code will then be sent to you to the e-mail address you provide. Select ‘Enter Reg/Trial Key’ in the ‘Internet‘ menu and enter the key code in the input field displayed. That's it!

Buy the Upgrade to Ashampoo Burning Studio 8!

As a registered user of this version you are also entitled to a special, low-price upgrade to Ashampoo Burning Studio 8! Just click on ‘Upgrade’ in the ‘Internet’ menu of the application.

(Emphasis mine)

It doesn't necessarily follow that it is less capable than BS8 as Ashampoo have a strange attitude to their application version numbers. If you do want to upgrade just wait a few weeks and you will get a cheap offer (or even name your own price) for the upgrade so there is no hurry.

Update - if you want version 8 just click upgrade now during the installation of v. 2009 and they already have a special offer (£7.49 in the UK, so about $8 US).

Also note - the serial key provided doesn't seem to be unique. I registered under an existing account and a new email address and both of those registrations (one on the German site and one on the UK site) are identical.

Further update - You can install this alongside an existing Burning Studio app (I have version 7 installed). It is all a bit confusing because BS2009 does an automatic update after installing and then reports (in Help > About) that it is version 2009 (8.04). There is no information that I can find that describes what the difference is between 2009 and version 8 that they want you to upgrade to !!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:06 PM by Carol Haynes »

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 03:30 PM »
To edbro: Are we speaking about the same version? Mine has this:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Downloaded just now according to above mentioned instructions. By the way, thanks kanecitizen!
Yes, we are talking about the same version. Notice the lack of "Create a video DVD"

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 03:36 PM »
edbro - If you have BS8 forget BS2009 - BS8 is an upgrade to BS2009 - see my post above.

yksyks

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Notice the lack of "Create a video DVD"

Sure, but I didn't have it in the previous (BS2008) version either. Does this option mean that it creates the necessary files and folders automatically?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 09:59 AM »
i'm slightly confused by the version numbering. compared ABS v8, is "ABS 2009" a 'lite' version? :-\

Carol Haynes

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Yes - 2009 is a lite version of 8.

Ashampoo's sales and marketting needs some serious cleaning up - I am still getting upgrade offers to both versions 6 and 7 - even though I am a registered user of both. The only version they haven't tried to flog me is version 8!!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 09:40 PM »
i agree, their marketing is running a program that comes close to spamming (promos every other week) but since i got their software free and i just tolerate it. :)

btw, i've been using ABS 6 for some time now and it is more than adequate for my needs. hopefully Ashampoo doesn't go down the Nero path.