ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone have any tips for how to create a great custom search engine?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lonestar75:
Paul,

Not sure what caused the underscore problem, I have fixed the list and it should be working now.  Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.  If you need to edit the "url" list, it is recommended to use the "multiple" sites option. BTW we are releasing our new release in a few weeks, do you want us to notify you of the release?

Diego

Paul Keith:
No, I'm good. I was just testing your service out because I happened to be reading past articles of killerstartups.

I probably need more time to collect my list of search engines anyway.

Paul Keith:
Sorry Lonestar. Error happened again as soon as I tried switching a search engine with zudos.com

Lonestar75:
Hummm.... What browser are you using?  You are making the URL updates via the "multiple" url textbox is that correct?  It should work once again, looking into the issue.

Paul Keith:
I'm using Firefox 3.0.5 (though in general I tend to switch between Chrome, Opera, Safari and IE)

All my usage with BuildaSearch so far has been with Firefox though. I've also enabled NoScript on it but outside of that, I can't think of any peculiar firefox extension I might have that would be interfering with a text box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version