ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best Virtual Machine Tool

VirtualBox - Top of the Lot

(1/3) > >>

Ehtyar:
I understand why there has been no mention of VirtualBox around these parts yet - there are virtually (no pun intended) no good reviews of the product anywhere.

Fortunately, I found this rather comprehensive overview on Ars Technica. It's for Mac, but that doesn't particularly matter as VirtualBox is virtually (really, no pun intended) identical on every supported platform.

VirtualBox has been mentioned on DC in the past, but not since it became a real-world contender in the world of virtualisation. There are two threads here and here.

Personally, I would recommend VirtualBox above any other virtualisation solution available, paid or free.

Ehtyar.

Gothi[c]:
Personally, I would recommend VirtualBox above any other virtualisation solution available, paid or free.

--- End quote ---

+1

tinjaw:
Before seeing this post, I download and installed Virtual Box earlier today. Mostly because of so many mentions by people I follow on Twitter who use it. I hope I am as happy with it as they seem to be.

I found Microsoft's desktop offering to be lacking in features and VMware's free server to be adequate for my needs. I like the idea of Virtual Box being open source and supported by Sun.

lanux128:
i'm thinking of using virtualbox inside window 7 to emulate the "winxp mode". how hard would that be?

Eóin:
My instincts say not very hard but I don't have first hand experience with Win7 XP mode to compare just how seamlessly the XP applications sit on the Win7 desktop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version