topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 2:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: error 0xc0000135 when launching Circledock with NetBook Samsung NC10  (Read 7640 times)

pasglop91

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi

I am using CircleDOck, version 0.9.2 Alpha 8.2, with my vista lasptop (Vista Pro SP1, Bitdefender Internet Security suite) --> no problem, it works fine and I am very happy with it   :-* .
I am triying to use it wit(h my new NetBook pc, a samsung NC10 with Windows Home SP3 French , all microsoft updates, and with the MacAfee SecurityCenter 8.1.175.
I have the following erreor message when I click on the CircleDock.exe
L'application n'a pas réussi à s'initialiser correctement (0xc0000135), cliquez sur OK pour arreter l'application.
 :(
I tried to desactivate the firewall with no success.

Any idea ? an issue with those new small laptops ?

Octupusss

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, :tellme:

I've the same problem (0xc0000135) in my PC running XP SP2..
Any solutions ..?

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Welcome Octupusss
And to CircleDock forums and to the Donationcoder.com community

I am sorry I did not catch the original post, I fear it was before my time here, and I have yet to review all the past posts, but since you brought it to my attention, I shall adress it now.

The MS code : 0xc0000135
is a .NET framework error, this error is given in the following circumstances.
!.) you do not have the appropriate .NET class Framework
2.) You do not have .NET installed at all
3.) your .NET framework install is damaged, or installed incorrectly
In the later, a bad install is not unusual in about 1 in every 4500-/+ installs.
The .NET Frameworking becoming damaged is even more common, especially after various updates.

CircleDock requires the .NET 2 framework (or Higher), so I would first ensure that you have it installed.
The quickest way I know how to do this is to open the Control Panel and open the uninstall programs window and see if you have and entry matching the following: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
If you do not have .NET Framework 2.0 or higher, you can download it here:
Micrsoft .NET Framework 2.0

If you do have the appropriate Framework, this could mean that the .NET Framework is damaged, again this is not uncommon.
In this case you can attempt to repair the installation, and I have found the following article of great use in the past:
Repairing the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2
Do not hesitate with the SP2 designation, the fix is common for 2.0 and 3.0 Framework(s)

Worst case scenario is that you will have to uninstall and then re-install the .NET Framework. A step by step article regarding this, from Microsoft, can be found at the following link:
How to manually remove and then reinstall the .NET Framework 2.0

I hope this helps.

If not, please post back, and I will see if there are any further steps that can be taken.

Good Luck :Thmbsup: