ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Preferences not saved

(1/2) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
Installed latest Screenshot Captor (v. 2.05.03) and have noticed that after adjusting preferences, they aren't saved after rebooting.

Specifically:
1) won't start minimized - gui appears after program loads,
2) annoying "Hello it's me" bubble appears from system tray, and
3) screen shot folder change doesn't take - images still stored in default folder.

Might be others but those are the only preferences I've changed so far.

Is there a patch?

Have a feeling some WinXP registry setting needs tweek.

mouser:
can you try this first to help me figure out the problem:
if you exit the program completely and restart it (without rebooting), does it then retain your settings or not?
[make sure it's completely exited from system tray before restarting].

Midnight Rambler:
If I exit the program completely and restart it (without rebooting), it retains my settings.  Even annoying "Hello it's me" bubble doesn't appear.

Leads me to think my system needs a registry tweak to allow preferences to remain.  Interesting this is, this problem doesn't occur for other programs.

mouser:
no its not your registry, it probably means that screenshot captor is failing to save its preferences when you reboot.
are you doing a windows shutdown, or just hitting the reset button.  if the latter, then it makes sense that the settings aren't being saved (i could have them save right away after being changed, maybe that would make more sense).

Midnight Rambler:
It happens after both a system restart (warm boot) and a system shutdown (cold boot). 

Might even happen after just Windows OS restart. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version