ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

How to silently uninstall processtamer

(1/2) > >>

artsky:
Hi guys,

I would like to know the ways to silently uninstall processtamer. Although I have found out that using the unins000.exe /silent somewhat minimizes the window displayed during removal, there is still a notification the program is being uninstalled.

kindly help pls. if there are other useful switches for unins000.exe

40hz:
Out of curiosity, why would you want to silently uninstall an application?

Of what benefit would that be, other than to secretly remove something from a computer without the owner/user being any the wiser?

The whole idea smacks a bit of dirty tricks - or malicious hacking.

I'm a little suspicious. Care to explain why you would want to do something like that? 8)

wreckedcarzz:
try /verysilent

and that is somewhat odd... why would you want to silently UNinstall something. I can understand silent INSTALLS, but that's kind of odd.

I'm assuming your using this info for non-malicious purposes (assuming that the uninstall app even allows the /verysilent switch), right?

artsky:
Out of curiosity, why would you want to silently uninstall an application?
--- End quote ---

in our environment everything is done silently from installs and uninstalls. users hate seing notifications on their screen.

being the sysad, we have full control on all applications installed and my boss requested processtamer be removed following the alerts that NOD32 falsely flags cpueatervs.exe as a virus.

can't argue with someone higher so i just obey  :D

artsky:
try /verysilent
-wreckedcarzz (January 28, 2009, 12:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks a lot. this worked! you have solved my problem  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version