ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New Mozilla Firefox user

<< < (2/6) > >>

m_s:
I can't recall a popup window - what do they look like?  (= irony)  I find that Firefox has completely got rid of them.  Let us know whether you actually had the popup blocking activated, Betsy.  And there is always Ad Muncher, which does an excellent job of stopping bad and/or unwanted things online (with a discount to DC members here: https://www.donationcoder.com/Specials/index.html)

mouser:
coincidentally, betsy just won a copy of admuncher in the nov drawing, so that might solver her problems also.

Betsy:
Yes, I double-checked, and I have had popup-blocker turned on.  I hope that, when I get AdMuncher, it really does fix everything.

Am I going to cause problems by having multiple pop-up/ad/flash blockers running all at once?

coincidentally, betsy just won a copy of admuncher in the nov drawing, so that might solver her problems also.
-mouser (December 02, 2005, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

m_s:
Betsy, I'm a little worried that you might have more of a problem than you realise - popups are one symptom of various adware and spyware infestations.  I think it might be worth your while to download a trial version of SpySweeper or something like that and run a test.  I read your list of security apps, but I have had experience of each of these being fallible, so I think it could be worth testing with another reputable scanner.

Betsy:
Thanks for the suggestion.  I figured it was something that my apps were missing, but I had tried so many...I didn't know what to try next.  I'm downloading the SpySweeper trial from Snapfiles now.
Can anyone tell me if it's ok to keep multiple apps of this sort running at once?  Can they interfere with one another?

Betsy, I'm a little worried that you might have more of a problem than you realise - popups are one symptom of various adware and spyware infestations.  I think it might be worth your while to download a trial version of SpySweeper or something like that and run a test.  I read your list of security apps, but I have had experience of each of these being fallible, so I think it could be worth testing with another reputable scanner.
-m_s (December 02, 2005, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version