ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New Mozilla Firefox user

(1/6) > >>

Betsy:
Hi all,
I've just switched over from IE to Firefox 1.5, and I like it.  Does anyone here write stuff specifically for Firefox?  If not, is there a site you recommend (besides Mozdev)?
I'm hoping to find an app that will cause Firefox to remember the text size for each site I visit.  I am getting tired of having to increase the text size of my homepage every time I visit it.
Thanks,

Betsy Markman
http://www.freewebs.com/dying_for_answers/

mouser:
thats a very clever idea for a firefox plugin - something that will remember text size (and maybe other settings) on a per-site basis.  very clever idea.  maybe someone knows a firefox site that would be interested in implementing this?

please keep us updated if you find a solution betsy.

Betsy:
I'm also still going nuts with popups.  One reason I quit using IE was because of all the popups.  I have Ad-Aware, Ad-Watch, Spybot S&D, Adblock, Noscript, and Flashblock, but I still get lots of popups.  Can anyone suggest anything that will really, truly, stop those nasty things?
(I was even desperate enough to check for a rootkit, but there wasn't one.)

Thanks in advance,

vegas:
You aren't the only one that would love an extension that would remember text size per site.  I'd just love it to keep my text size period across every site, but per site would be nice too. We should talk more about Firefox extensions here, haven't seen much chatter about that.  I think I'll start a thread.  Betsy, please let us know if you find such a plugin.

Carol Haynes:
Re Popups ...

Have you got the popup blocker enabled? Tools / Options / Content

If that isn't aggressive enough you could download the Yahoo Toolbar for Firefox. That has a popup block that is so agressive I can't open new windows by clicking on a link (even my online banking is blocked!!!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version