ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for simple backup software

<< < (3/4) > >>

kartal:
I use syncback pro version, it sounds like it does everything you want, except no:7

I also use Filehamster for realtime folder back up and versioning.

MrCrispy:
This is going to be for a laptop for my parents who I don't get to see that often. I'm setting them up with a laptop and an external hard disk and a backup routine that will keep their data on 2 pc's safe. Image backups are probably too much.

I will look at NH, syncback (didn't know it can backup when a device is connected) and the others. Thanks.

kartal:
Yeah it looks like it can back up to spesific device based on serial number, name or drive name.

mwb1100:
Yes - SyncBackSE definitely does 1 through 6.  I've used all those features except #5 (multiple versions).

However, some people would argue that it's not particularly simple.  But I think that's true of most backup applications that are highly configurable.

one1:
Ha! I will do some ad here but couldn't resist in sharing this backup software called Backup Dwarf  :) definitely doesn't all the fancy stuff you listed, but is actually working fo me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version