ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Going Into Frugality Mode -- What are your Tricks and Tips

<< < (15/17) > >>

Darwin:
Over the course of a year, you'd break about even, and you get to shave in style!
-Edvard (February 12, 2009, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is that counting the costs of getting stitches at the emergency room?
-CWuestefeld (February 12, 2009, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
And, is Edvard just your nick name?

-cranioscopical (February 12, 2009, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

<!groan!> You never cease to amaze, Mr. C!

-40hz (February 12, 2009, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nor I! Chris, you've acheived perfection with that... I can't breathe!

;D

Edvard:

LOL!!

Is that counting the costs of getting stitches at the emergency room?
-CWuestefeld (February 12, 2009, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I admit, some mornings were, um, redder than others, especially when I first started out.
The only bad cut I got was on my thumb, not my face, and it was because I wasn't paying attention. As I said earlier, once you learn how to use it properly, it's a very nice shave.
If you're game, look up a few videos on the subject. You may be surprised.  :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
It is waaayy past my bedtime here, but I'll post my tips after I get a few hours of sleep.

However I just had to ask - why is there so much talk of shaving in a thread about frugality? I wouldn't think shaving could be much of an expense. Of course I can't really remember what it used to cost me - I've been sporting hair on my face for a number of years now and rarely does a razor get very close to my face!   :D

PS - Why do you need a mirror in the shower with you to shave? I do remember that I could always shave in the shower while still mostly asleep without hurting myself. If you're not trimming around some carefully sculpted beard/mustache combo, you usually have a good idea where everything is!  :P

Man, I had better get to sleep - getting silly now!

Thanks!

Jim

ewemoa:
PS - Why do you need a mirror in the shower with you to shave?
-J-Mac (February 13, 2009, 03:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I compared shaving with and without a mirror -- the results seemed noticeably better with the mirror.

Darwin:
I'm with Jim - when I have shaved in the shower in the past, it has been sans miroir... Because I like to shower in fairly hot water, I got incredible shaves this way - with a Gillette Sensor, no less (I try to get rid of the "little tiny hairs stickin' out my face" today and "zip, zop, my face is ripped to shreds"!).

To address Jim's initial quesiton, though, cartridge razor blades have risen in price over the past twenty years. Hugely. Perhaps they have simply kept pace with inflation, but they certainly seem much, much more expensive now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version