ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Going Into Frugality Mode -- What are your Tricks and Tips

<< < (12/17) > >>

Crush:
This could be a cool tip that helps for a short time: I bought a new car (Fiat Linea Multijet Exclusive Edition) that I can use 2 years without paying it back - after this time I can also decide to change it with another one. It´s cheaper than my old vehicle (Punto 55) at driving (I must admit that I use the old car also). It also has all important features top brand are offering and coasts the half or less than others.

Darwin:
This could be a cool tip that helps for a short time: I bought a new car (Fiat Linea Multijet) that I can use 2 years without paying it back - after this time I can also decide to change it with another one. It´s cheaper than my old vehicle (Punto 55) at driving (I must admit that I use the old car also).
-Crush (February 11, 2009, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

You mean you financed it and got a deal that lets you pay nothing for two years?

Crush:
Thats right! I don´t have to pay anything in this time. Additionally I have a 5 years mobility guarantee. I also had the luck that I was there at a special day that led to a 500€ tanking coupon - I prefered it to get the money directly for spending it the way I like.

Edvard:
RE: Shaving.

Ok, so I probably don't save much in money, but I do save a bunch of time. :Thmbsup:

When I was shaving I saved money by using a straight razor and plain soap.  :o :'(
(don't worry, once you learn to use it properly you get a better shave than with a safety razor...)
Eventually, the razor got dropped in the sink and the blade cracked so I switched to a hair shaper, which is basically the same thing with replacable blades.

mouser:
Check your grocery receipts -- amazing how many times you find mistakes and/or realize you just paid $16 for 4 decidely non-exceptional organic tomatoes.  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version