ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

copy paste between 2 computers on separate networks?

<< < (5/9) > >>

kartal:
Too bad ctrl+alt+v interferes with many other applications. At this point I just cant use it because of shortcut issue.

4wd:
Nice little app though.-MilesAhead (May 21, 2009, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

It seems to be a rather old app, the website is circa 2000 and the only mention of OS's is for Network Connect and that shows W2000 as the latest.

However, something else for you to try: NetClipboard - Transparent cross-platform clipboard synchronization

Hasn't been updated for a while, last version is 2004 but since the source is available you can modify it to suit if you want to.

However, if you read through the forum for it, (and there isn't that many messages), you will find reference to a program call Spike, (interoperates between Win and Mac although we are talking 2005).  The developer's website makes no mention of it.......and if you thought Network Clipboard was cool, "you ain't seen nothing yet."  :D

From the one site who had info on it that I could find, (do a search, you'll find it if interested):

copy paste between 2 computers on separate networks?

In the highly collaborative world of business, we constantly share images, copy and a wide variety of other data. Spike eliminates all of the steps involved in transferring this data across a network.

When you share a Spike clipboard, you see a clipping as soon as it is copied on the source machine. You can immediately drag that clipping into your own document on your own machine, and save valuable time.

Spike is easy to use. Spike uses native copy and paste features to create visual clipboards containing thumbnail images of each clipping. The images are scalable, so you can identify the text or image you’re looking for without opening a file. And you can create multiple clipboards to organize the clippings so that they are easy to find. Spike is secure. All data is encrypted automatically, and you can password-protect access to your clipboard.

Spike requires no configuration. Just start Spike up and it finds all of the other shared Spike clipboards on your network. Simply click on a remote clipboard and visually inspect the clippings. Double click on a clipping to load it, then go to your favorite application and paste. Or drag the clipping from Spike to your application. Collaboration has never been this easy.
--- End quote ---

It has the features of NetClipboard plus visual representation of multiple clippings, secure synchronisation, multiple clipboards, etc, etc.

You can still grab it on a direct link from the developer's site if you want to play with it: Spike

It was payware but seems to have been abandoned,  (2005), by the developers who seem to have gone Mac-side, who knows maybe a nice email asking if they'd release a public license?

It won't run portable because of a need for the "esellerate engine" used for license registration, so maybe a nice email asking for a non-engined version?

EDIT: And it isn't cross-network but that could be got around by using Hamachi, VPN, etc.

Too bad ctrl+alt+v interferes with many other applications. At this point I just cant use it because of shortcut issue.-kartal (May 21, 2009, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Such a negative person.

cmpm:
this is for the same network clipboard sharing-

http://lifehacker.com/310943/share-clipboard-contents-across-your-network-with-beyondcopy

but in the comments was this and it might be what would work
i'm going to try it myself

http://ditto-cp.sourceforge.net/

kartal:
Such a negative person.
-4wd (May 21, 2009, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you can show me where my negativity was I will send you 1 million dollars(cash). I was just stating a functional and pragmatic issue. Was that harsh for you?

MilesAhead:
this is for the same network clipboard sharing-

http://lifehacker.com/310943/share-clipboard-contents-across-your-network-with-beyondcopy

but in the comments was this and it might be what would work
i'm going to try it myself

http://ditto-cp.sourceforge.net/
-cmpm (May 21, 2009, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmmmm, tried Ditto.  Couldn't get it to do anything across the network.  Network Clipboard was easier to use, but it didn't work every time and played no sound on Vista64 so I don't know if it's going to paste until I kvma to the other PC.  Since I have to open an app anyway, I might as well just save to a file and double click it. Seems that at least for me, both of these are more hassle than they save.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version