ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

copy paste between 2 computers on separate networks?

<< < (4/9) > >>

lanux128:
if you're using Dropbox then just save the text file into the Dropbox folder that is shared between the two computers. that's what i do anyway.

another way is to utilize one of the many online word processors like google docs or zoho.

app103:
Yahoo Notepad through the desktop widget is how I have done it, and I can log in and retrieve the notes from their website on PC's that I can't install the widget.

widget: http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/yahoo-notepad

notepad: http://notepad.yahoo.com

kartal:
Ok I just read the thread because I was looking for similar stuff. The thing is that most of the answers are quite off and not that related to what he is asking. He was not asking for copying and pasting text rather he is looking for hybrid solution. :) Offering things like "ftp" or browser based solutions sounds quite off to me to be honest. I hope people do not get me wrong about this

I used InputDirector in the paste it works well actually (text-files) but I dropped using it because it is windows only. So I am looking for standalone application(it can be windows only no prob) that will support copying pasting of "text/files". Please no browser-ftp based solutions :) I already have quite a lof of workarounds here including using commandline jabber tools, but I am looking for a streamlined solution.

4wd:
Network Clipboard - Use network clipboard to instantly copy files, texts, images, internet adresses between different computers!  Press Copy on one computer and go to different PC and press Paste. The contents go with you.

Control-Alt-C to Copy
Control-Alt-V to Paste

Standalone executable, just specify a shared folder on a machine somewhere.

It installs a shortcut into Startup when run, wrap it in a batch/AutoIt(HK) file if you don't want this.

MilesAhead:
Network Clipboard - Use network clipboard to instantly copy files, texts, images, internet adresses between different computers!  Press Copy on one computer and go to different PC and press Paste. The contents go with you.

Control-Alt-C to Copy
Control-Alt-V to Paste

Standalone executable, just specify a shared folder on a machine somewhere.

It installs a shortcut into Startup when run, wrap it in a batch/AutoIt(HK) file if you don't want this.
-4wd (May 17, 2009, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

This looks cool.  Call me moron but I can't figure out how to send an image without using Prnt-Scrn.  I press control-alt-c and nothin' happens unless I have something in the clipboard already.

edit: ok, guess it depends on what the app will do when you press ^C.  Highlighted text works in just about everything.  Irfanview seems pretty good about copying the image.  Guess I can figure it out.  Seems better than saving images as files.

Edit2: only other thing I notice is I get the sound effect in W7 32 bit, but not in Vista64. Esp. where you don't get any visual cue it would be nice if I could fix the sound.

Nice little app though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version