ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

copy paste between 2 computers on separate networks?

<< < (6/9) > >>

4wd:
Such a negative person.
-4wd (May 21, 2009, 08:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you can show me where my negativity was I will send you 1 million dollars(cash). I was just stating a functional and pragmatic issue. Was that harsh for you?-kartal (May 21, 2009, 11:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Honestly, maybe I should have made it plainer by doing this:  :P

Lighten up and stop taking everything so seriously  :D

cmpm:
Yeah, Miles, I used it on my network, not across two networks. Ditto worked fine on my network.

I like NetworkClipboard for the more file types that it will sync.
But I haven't tried that across networks.

Seems Dropbox would be good, it's pretty fast in transfering files of any type, and 2gb free would serve well. Limited to two computers if I recall correctly. For the free version....

Then email and IM's, I would recomend Skype, resource usage is lower then the other IMs I believe.

A few others that are different.

http://www.makeuseof.com/dir/luminotes-personal-online-notebook/

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/03/11/use-piconote-for-dead-simple-note-taking-anywhere/

MilesAhead:
cmpm, what did you do to get ditto to work?

At least the info I found shows network clipboard as a feature with absolutely no instructions how to work it.  Is it database as shared folder scheme?  Also it has a line for a password and my Lan is not password protected.  I just use the default shared folders.

For me screenshot transfer would be the most important aspect.  For web pages I just use deskCut.  I don't have much call for just copying a paragraph of text.

cmpm:
All I did was install it on both computers, start it up, and fill in the name of the computer to connect to on each machine in the friends tab.

So just two computers. I just put the name of the computer in, not the address.

cmpm:
I didn't check that box 'disable receiving clips'.
I just now noticed it, but I'm running a backup on my other computer right now,
so I can't test it again at the moment.
But I will over the weekend and post the results of Ditto and nclip.

I do have Synergy installed and clipx, both running.
So, a fair test would mean shutting down those two I think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version