ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

copy paste between 2 computers on separate networks?

(1/9) > >>

sabot7726:
Anyone know of a way to copy/paste text/files between 2 computers on different networks? I have a laptop with a wireless connection as well as my normal desktop which has separate cable modem access.

* Programs like VNC allow copy/pasting but only after I've established a connection which also has all kinds of unwanted screenshots giong back and forth.
* There's also programs like synergy which allow mouse and keyboard commands to transverse computers over ip address.

Seems like the technology would exist to allow copy/paste by ip address but I can't find anything :p

justice:
Do you plan to use it very often?
otherwise any webbased notetaker would do, like evernote.

Ampa:
How about pastebin.com? Originally intended for debugging code, but it will store text of any sort on a temporary basis.

What is pastebin?
pastebin is here to help you collaborate on debugging code snippets. If you're not familiar with the idea, most people use it like this:
submit a code fragment to pastebin, getting a url like http://pastebin.com/1234
paste the url into an IRC or IM conversation
someone responds by reading and perhaps submitting a modification of your code
you then view the modification, maybe using the built in diff tool to help locate the changes
--- End quote ---

And you can make the transaction private too... well slightly private! See the faq for details

f0dder:
Windows comes with a "remote clipboard service" by default, which is DCOM programmable - I've never used it, though, so have no idea how it works, or if it's only used with stuff like terminal services. Might be worth googling up, though :)

katykaty:
FTP

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version