topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Process annoyance  (Read 4528 times)

joekingdc

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Process annoyance
« on: January 25, 2009, 05:40 AM »
If I get a capture, then go to the main window gui I have to wait for the program to sense the newly created file and then it selects that file (it is highlighted in blue in the sidebar) and then shows the new image in the main image window. I am not sure what is happening but it takes about .5 of a second. I am also trying to rename a capture but it is doing all the previous actions I have just written.

Is there a automatic filenaming ability using the text in the clipboard? I select some text, do a capture and then the file would be named using the clipboard text?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Process annoyance
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 10:45 PM »
if there are a lot of images in the screenshot directory it can delay things -- maybe try moving some of your screenshots into subfolders every once in a while..  i've been meaning to improve the thumbnail speed for a while now and it's still something i plan to do.

Regarding your clipboard text naming.. its not a bad idea for a feature.
Once thing you can do which might be good enough for you is that you can paste the clipboard text in the name field of the screenshot and hit enter, and that will rename the image file.  That's pretty fast.

If you really needed to do a lot of captures where you always used clipboard text.. an easier thing for me to do might be to add such a function to MiniCap.

cvbusa

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:02 PM »
Cool ... did not realize you could rename a file by chaning the text in the name field and pressing enter.

http://screencast.com/t/8RAdpmKz

joekingdc

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:21 AM »
Might be useful if I could have that filename field focussed and the text of the filename selected so I could just paste and press enter to rename. But then the filename from clipboard would be useful for me.