topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Why was I recommended Screamer Radio?  (Read 4696 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Why was I recommended Screamer Radio?
« on: January 22, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Yes, Screamer Radio is really good at what it does. I have been impressed with how easily it can find and download lots and lots of my favourite music. Wow!! The problem is not as much what Screamer can do, but what it doesn't do!

First, the worst: Screamer does not tag the files! What an opportunity to miss: Recording and naming the files, but not tagging them! It is almost unbelievable!

Secondly, the file name order can not be changed. And for my setup the default order is wrong. It  is "Artist, Titel, Album", but should be "Artist, Album, Title" Well, really is should be "Artist, Album, Track, Title", but I can accept that the track number is missing.

Third and finally, the album name is surrounded with square brackets, which also is wrong. It is like this: Alan Munde Gazette - Little Teardrops [CD_Made To Last].mp3 ,  but should preferably look like this: Alan Munde Gazette - Made To Last - Little Teardrops.mp3

Now that I am complaining, I would also like to yell at Mp3tag  :o  Very often I have read praises of this program, so today I decided to actually USE my copy! But to no avail. When I added the first file from Screamer, Al Batten And The Blue Grass Reunion - Sucking The Corn [CD_Live At The Kinston Winter Bluegrass Festival].mp3, Mp3tag & freedb suggested that it was the German national hymn!! Seriously!!!

Why are people recommending Screamer Radio and Mp3tag? Well, that really wasn't a fair question. So please allow me then to ask: What can I do to (batch rename and) auto tag the files from Screamer Radio, please?
 :tellme:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:33 PM by Curt »

hpearce

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Why was I recommended Screamer Radio?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:15 PM »
What u want is a "bloated" application with bells and whistles to make everyone happy,
The stuff you want has never been all that important to me.
Windows 7 SP1 (TM) Home Premium 64-bit .. Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26 GHz / 2.27 GHz .. 4GB RAM .. NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS .. Gateway P-7805u FX

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 03:12 AM »
- you are probably right.

Anyway, I will have to eat my words all the same. After having tried with other radio stations, than my two favourites, it turns out that it is the way the station is naming their files that determines the output format, not Screamer itself.

But still, Screamer could easily tag the files. It is literally the closest to do so.

Edited:
- my plead for help is of course still standing:

What can I do to (batch rename and) auto tag the files from Screamer Radio, please?
 :tellme:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:34 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 04:18 AM »
- and the answer was so easy that it almost is embarrassing!

Replacing the "[CD_...]" part with a "- " was of course the easiest. But once this was done, all I had to do was to find and hit this little button in Mp3tag: 1FileTag.gif with the tooltip text "Filename > Tag", and Mp3tag suddenly understood what I was expecting of it. Then File Renamer Turbo had no problem renaming them all according to the new tags.

A piece of cake it is, when you know what to do..., which I didn't, yesterday. But a good night's sleep can really do you good!  8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 04:20 AM by Curt »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 07:42 AM »
I forgot to tell the end of the "story":

After all this tagging and renaming, the final move is to use Id3ToFolder - it is by far the easiest music mess ORGANIZER. Not many features, (two!!), except a little renaming, and this totally easy moving (organizing) of the files into the proper folders. Many programs can organize your music collection mess, and can do it with tons of other features, but not one of them can make it happen so easy & user-friendly (= fast), as Id3ToFolder does.

http://www.benware.d...der&lang=english  :up:

Id3ToFolder.gifWhy was I recommended Screamer Radio?