ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Terribly slow and buggy

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
Well these are great reports.. now that i know the cause of the slowdown i *may* be able to fix the issue.  Great detective work.

Regarding fixing the problem, there are 2 main possible root causes:
1) it's possible that the icon retrieval for missing shortcuts, done by windows itself is slow and can't be helped;
in this case i might still be able to have LBC determine that the file doesn't exist and show a placeholder icon instead of asking windows to figure one out.
2) it's possible that merely querying the shortcut .lnk file to figure out if its available causes the slowdown, in which case it might be hard to employ solution #1; seems less likely though.  In such a case the only fix would be a rather painful elaborate one of caching results in a node, OR providing an option in the folder node configuration that would instruct LBC to not even try to show icons for the files inside the folder.

Hopefully it's issue #1 that is the cause and that would be an easy fix.

Can i ask mayabelle and smilejack1 if you are willing to email me ([email protected]) so i can touch base and send you test versions to help me see if i can fix the problem?

smilejack1:
My e-mail address should be in your inbox by now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version