ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of BetaClock

<< < (2/2)

superboyac:
Superboyac - are on Vista or Win 7 yet? I ask because once I moved to Vista I really didn't feel the need to run a third-party clock app...
-Darwin (September 17, 2010, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, I'm not.  i was just thinking about that actually.  I plan on moving to Windows 7 in January.  I have it on one of my laptops, and it's fine.

Darwin:
I should have mentioned, I suppose, that the screenshot is how Windows 7' clock and calendar popup (which requires a single click on the time; hovering just produces a pop-up telling you the date) appear "out of the box" - I haven't tweaked anything.

IainB:
Does anyone in DCF know how I can get the BetaClock to change/override the default calendar/time display in the Start/Task bar?
It always worked fine in Windows XP, but I have been unable to get it to apply in Win7-64 Home Premium - even though I have it all configured right.

The BetaClock calendar works just fine - it's only the the calendar/time display in the Start/Task bar that is an issue for me.

cranioscopical:
Have you tried turning off the W7 taskbar clock display?

1. Run intl.cpl - it'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now "Addition Settings" then the "Time" tab
3. Hide Time in system tray: put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.

I've no idea whether this will help with your issue but it might be worth a go.

IainB:
@cranioscopical: Thanks, but that didn't seem to have any effect other than blanking out the fields changed to blank - the Betaclock settings still could not be applied.
Never mind, it's not a showstopper.

By the way, this is one reason why I like Betaclock - the pop-up calendar that I created in it is exactly what I wanted. I haven't been able to get anything like this with anything else, so far.
Spoiler

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version