ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Mini-Review of BetaClock

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
I just finished a little review about BetaClock, a system tray clock replacement:

No joke, besides the software itself, there's quite a story behind this little program.

Curt:
I really like your review, Aram. Wonder how I missed to see it when first posted. I have been using BetaClock since it was first announced by AlphaClock, which just had replaced my beloved TClockEx. BetaClock really is The Clock!

However, to cut down on the number of applications on my PC, I have just today had it replaced with CFi ShellToys' build-in clock, Clock+. It is much more simple, but to me it is almost a perfect substitute. But not freeware.

Post re-edited: TClockEx (by Dale Nurden), not TClock (by kazubon).

mouser:
don't miss tclockex: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=21944.0

superboyac:
Yes, while I like Betaclock very much, it is going to die sooner than later.  It's a project I think the author has given up on.  he used to update it every few months, but that has stopped for a couple of years now.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'm going to give those a try.

Darwin:
Superboyac - are on Vista or Win 7 yet? I ask because once I moved to Vista I really didn't feel the need to run a third-party clock app...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version