topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:25 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Consumers fighting back more and more via the web  (Read 3372 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Consumers fighting back more and more via the web
« on: December 01, 2005, 04:55 PM »
This is yet another example of a lone consumer who was treated poorly by a company, and sought to expose them on the internet to let others know to beware:

http://thomashawk.co...bait-and-switch.html

i really do think this is a trend that's going to continue and it's one of the positive trends on the internet - people increasingly able to warn each other and get out the word on people and organizations that are trying to scam people.

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Consumers fighting back more and more via the web
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:38 AM »
Yah I was reading this the other day.  You definitely have to take the initiative to do some searching before making a purchase you could regret.  If you read deeper there and on digg.com or slashdot there are some good links to sites with warning about bad businesses like that.  Good for him though, I think he did his job in letting people know about this particular company.  Assuming his accusations are correct, I find it amazing that people doing business actually think they can deal with people making threats like that.  Just hope the shop isn't run by Vinny and his family.