topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: aNobii  (Read 3762 times)

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
aNobii
« on: January 22, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:

aNobii is a social networking site targeted to worldwide booklovers. The idea behind aNobii is simple: create an online platform for avid-readers to share reviews, recommendations, and most important of all, find other similar-taste booklovers.

Privately launched in August 2005, aNobii is among the earliest Web 2.0 sites in Hong Kong. However, aNobii soon grew beyond Hong Kong and now has been translated into ten different languages.

If you never heard of or used it, it's really worth a look: http://www.anobii.com

anobii.jpg

Bye!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 09:20 AM by Mark0 »

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: aNobii
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 03:00 PM »
Odd, the buy links point to Amazon, where there are far more book reviews.

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
Re: aNobii
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Actually the buy link depend on the user nation, so for example here in Italy I see also links to the local online shops where I often buy, in addition to Amazon.UK.

Book reviews are an interesting part of aNobii, but not the only one. I for one find very useful to track what some of my friends (or "neighbors", line aNobii calls simple contacts) are reading (you can also set up an RSS feed), or have read in the past, or giving a look to the libraries of complete strangers that happen to share a similar taste for book.

Bye!