topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Links to files or folders in different partitions don't work  (Read 3863 times)

lucamennoia

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I had a problem with circle dock.
Links to files or folders located in different partitions don't work!
I'm sure that my problem is due to this fact:
on my laptop i installed Windows Vista on C partition, Windows XP on E partition and i saved my data on another D partition.
I run Circle Dock from the E partition (i execute it on Windows XP OS), i copied the program folder in the E partition.
When i created a blank link in the circle dock and i put in the target box the address of a folder which is located in D partition (for Example D:\Games\), the program gives me an error.
I'm Italian and i'll write the error message in italian as the OS gave me:

Impossibile trovare il file "E:\Games\". Verificare che il percorso e il nome del file siano corretti e ritentare.

i try to translate it. Sorry for (if there are any) errors:

It is impossible to find the file "E:\Games". Verify that target and file name are correct and try again.

But i can't understand: the program changed the path automatically! I didn't write in the target box E:\Games\, i wrote D:\Games\
why the program changes it to E? I tried to create a link to a file or a folder located in the same E partition and it works! Then if i put the program into D partition and i run from D it surely will work. But if i want to put links either from E either from D how do i do? I can't run simoultaneousely two circle dock applications! Please help me!