ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Rewards and Prizes

(1/5) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I can't think about NANY Rewards without thinking about the explosion of interest and activity that this year's NANY has become: what a wonderful reward for DonationCoder and its members!!  :-*

NANY Rewards
We had 31 successful entrants this year that produced 35 new, exciting and varied applications: and they all will receive a wonderful NANY 2009 mug (or similar) with their choice of NANY Graphic:

NANY Extra Prizes
During the Challenge, NANY 2009 also received some extra prizes to give away. Some were posted on the forum, but another one almost materialized out of nowhere! I originally wrote a Review of the Synology DS207+ and had discussions with Synology about providing a unit for one of DonationCoder's Give-Aways. The Give-Away never eventuated, but something better has: Synology have very kindly offered a brand spanking new DS209+ to one of the successful entrants.

Selecting which of the 31 coders to give what extra prizes to was, to be honest, a horrid job. Mouser and I both agreed that it was not possible to rank the entries in any quantifiable order, so in the end it came down to selecting them on a random basis (with just a little tweaking to ensure a good spread of prizes).

So here are the extra winners:
Backup4All

* CWuestefeld
* deviantopian
* theo geer
* NinJA999
* NahtanoJ88
* Blaster
Synology DS209+

* justice
USB2 Sata Enclosure

* skwire
Sata Racks (2)

* Crush
TV Tuner

* kwack1
Congratulations all winners and extra winners!!

mouser:
Congratulations to all the people who participated in NANY this year.

As you all know the event is not a competition and as Perry says -- these extra prizes we scrounged up were just an attempt to send out a few random bonuses after the fact, not based on quality of submission but just to do a little spring cleaning and have some extra fun.

In fact, the only super prize (the DS209) was *originally* given to Perry (to give away on DC) as a thanks to the review he wrote a long time ago, and Perry decided we could give it away as part of our fundraiser but decided it might be funner to give it away now.

We all owe a huge thanks to Perry for doing so much behind the scenes for this year's NANY event -- it's only because of his hard work that it all went so smoothly.  As i told him, the hard part is going to come when he tries to find a hiding placing from us when next year's NANY event arrives and we go looking for him..  :P

scancode:
but another one almost materialized out of nowhere!-Perry Mowbray (January 19, 2009, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
What a great PR move! Way to go!

so in the end it came down to selecting them on a random basis (with just a little tweaking to ensure a good spread of prizes)-Perry Mowbray (January 19, 2009, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

DonationCoder.com lottery!  :-*

Crush-Perry Mowbray (January 19, 2009, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not fair! His algorithm worked! :'(

--- Code: C ---[12:22] <Crush_BD> for (int x=0; x<maxwinners; x++) printf("%s",Crush);-Crush
--- End quote ---

'grats everyone, and let's look forward to NANY 2010 (unless mouser sells DC to Microsoft Corp.)

Crush:
Congratulations to all other winners out there!   :greenclp:
Perry has indeed deserved the main price for his great work!

I´m really a lucky man now :eusa_dance:. I see a game where you can win a big BMW. I´ll try this today...
Do you have more detailed informations about my price? A typename perhaps? What kind are they? Are there 2 of Racks or a rack for 2 hdds?

mouser:
the sata racks are something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817990001

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version