topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 9:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: software for removing greenscreen/inserting any background  (Read 15677 times)

ellavre

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
software for removing greenscreen/inserting any background
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:21 PM »
theres a company called the above where they take pics of people in front of green screen. digital cam is fed into laptop that has their proprietary software that immediately shows people in front of background they chose, then they print it off this big sony printer onto 5x7 pics , all of this very fast.
the only way we have been doing this same thing is to take pic into photoshop and remove green background and insert new background , takes forever. anyone know of a software similar to what these guys have. obviously they wouldnt tell me what it was when i asked them at a party we were at .
any info would help as we would get alot more bookings and would be able to do everything alot faster, like immediately like they did. theres got to be something like this out there i can buy
thanks
jim

Jimdoria

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: software for removing greenscreen/inserting any background
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 09:34 PM »
Google "chromakey" and you will probably find something pretty quick. It's a standard trick in video apps.

Corel has a plug-in for Photoshop called Knockout that specializes in this. http://www.corel.com...5061771#tabview=tab0
You don't even need a green screen to use it, so it should work great if you've got one.

A company called Serious Magic used to have an app called Ultra that did this for video. They were bought by Adobe who now sells it, but I don't know if it's stand-alone anymore. It may only be available as part of one of Adobe's suites.

You could also check on software from Ultimatte. They are the originals and the uber-pros at greenscreen, but their software is pricey. You might check out the Ultimatte plug-in for Photoshop, though. I think they have one.

Many video programs have this built-in - Premier for example, or Sony Vegas. You could also look into Zweistein, a video app that has chromakey and is not limited to video resolutions. It's also free. Google "Thugs At Bay Zweistein" and it'll come right up.
- Jimdoria ~@>@

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who divide everybody into two kinds of people, and those who don't.

kartal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 09:39 PM »
You might be able to use this one

http://www.frischluf...m/lensfeed/index.php

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:08 AM »
Recomposit maybe?

nontroppo

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • spinning top
    • View Profile
    • nontroppo.org
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 05:34 AM »
Do note however, that to successfully chroma key, you must ensure the person has no clothes/accessories the same colour as the background, that the background is evenly illuminated, and that there is no reflected light from the background back onto the subject. Lighting is critical to ensure quick and effective background replacement.
FARR Wishes: Performance TweaksTask ControlAdaptive History
[url=http://opera.com/]

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 06:45 AM »
Corel has a plug-in for Photoshop called Knockout that specializes in this. http://www.corel.com...5061771#tabview=tab0
You don't even need a green screen to use it, so it should work great if you've got one.

I bought a copy of this years ago - it isn't that great and is effectively dead. I have Adobe CS3 and I haven't installed it but I am not even sure it is fully compatible with Photoshop beyond version 7 (it was certainly never updated after the CS range was released). Trouble with Corel is they continually do this - buy up products that are growing and then carry on selling them long after they are defunct (look at KPT plugins which have seen no development for many years but are still flogged by Corel). If they don't flog a dead horse they simply kill the application by trying to develop it (eg. PaintShop Pro).

If you want green screen software check out the BorisFX website, in particular ChromaKey. (You will need a second mortgage though as they are top quality professional tools).

Not sure but I think Pinnacle Software started to include green screen in their tools too - but I haven't used them in years.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:48 AM by Carol Haynes »

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 10:57 AM »
This should be scriptable with ImageMagick.
Any idea what color definition the green screen is?

Xenonym

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Life is too short for boredom.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 05:44 AM »
It should be #00FF00, but it really depends on how good your lighting is. That is why most video editors that do that lets you pick the colour from the video itself. They also have a similarity setting in case of minor inconsistencies in the lighting. I have no idea if this applies to images, but it should be similar.

Note: You can also use blue (#0000FF).

SchoolDaGeek

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • WTF?
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 02:53 PM »
How about Comedy Webcam?

http://www.at32.com/doc/comcam.htm
My Karma just ran over your Dogma.