ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

USB Safely Remove, 50% discount on January 17th

<< < (4/7) > >>

Midnight Rambler:
The feature I like most is the ability to permanently assign a drive letter to a USB device.
-rjbull (August 15, 2010, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

USBDLM V4.5.2 is another freeware alternative for drive letter assignment that's solved my XP machine's issue.  Runs as a service at start up.  Appears to be not compatible with Vista or Win7 but those OS's are supposed to not be afflicted anyway.

Seems like there's always a decent freeware alternative for non-crucial system issues.  For those more important - like backup and imaging, no shortcuts.  

Darwin:
I'm using UWBDLM under Win 7 64-bit (and before that Vista 64-bit and before that Vista 32-bit) with no problems whatsoever.

superboyac:
The feature I like most is the ability to permanently assign a drive letter to a USB device.
-rjbull (August 15, 2010, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

USBDLM V4.5.2 is another freeware alternative for drive letter assignment that's solved my XP machine's issue.  Runs as a service at start up.  Appears to be not compatible with Vista or Win7 but those OS's are supposed to not be afflicted anyway.

Seems like there's always a decent freeware alternative for non-crucial system issues.  For those more important - like backup and imaging, no shortcuts. 
-Midnight Rambler (August 16, 2010, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's also a command line tool.  I have no problem with it, but I'd much prefer a nice interface with buttons and stuff.  I think I came across USBDLM a while back and it worked as advertised.  I didn't have any problems with it (XP system).

rjbull:
USBDLM V4.5.2 is another freeware alternative
-Midnight Rambler (August 16, 2010, 05:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Only free for personal use, just checked.

tomos:
USB Safely Remove @ 50% off (= $10)
I'm tagging it on here because officially it ended yesterday but still working as of 5 minutes ago!

http://safelyremove.com/order.htm?50poff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version